3: Regrets

3: Regrets 

Sam's POV

"I'm on my way!"

That was the text that I got from Kief and I'm still clueless about what to wear. Why didn't I experience this when I was going out with Thomas? Hassle.

After half an hour of going back and forth,I just picked an ordinary top and shorts besides I don't think Kief would mind. Or will he? I got my favorite flats and I'm done. I'm keeping it simple today.

As soon as I finished preparing myself, I got out of my room and saw Thomas, Nica and JC eating chips and laughing by the living room. Btw, Thomas and Nica are second cousins.

Sam: Hi Nica! Tho. I didn't know you guys are here. Kanina pa ba kayo?

JC gave me what-was-that-again look and I don't know what he's talking about....

Oh yeah, I alone call Thomas Tho (tow) cause others prefer to call him Tom and Tom's reminding me of Tom the Cat so no.

I gave JC a shut-up look that made him grin.

Nica: Nah, we're planning to have lunch at Hanna's unit. She cooked something daw. I just hope we won't get poisoned.

She said then laughed. Yes, Hanna knows that she's a bad cook so whenever she invites us for lunch or dinner we always end up ordering something from Gloria Maris, her fave resto, Jeron's treat.

Thomas: Nica, I don't think Sam will go with us.

Nica and JC looked at me with their ever questioning eyes. Golly, don't these guys check their timelines? Ugh.

JC: You're going out?

Sam: Yup, Kief invited me for lunch. His fans would kill me if I said no.  

I raised my shoulders so I look like I had no choice which is true then I remembered the kilig I felt when he invited me through Twitter and our conversation last night.

Nica: Oh my Sam. You're smiling for no reason! Oh my! Is Kief.... Oh oh.

She stood up then hugged me. Oh Nica, my innocent little Nica.

Sam: That's nothing Nica. Stop that. Kief is just a friend.

JC: A very persuasive one. Will he pick you up?

Sam: Yes but wait.

I rushed to my room to get my pasalubong for the Torreses. I just ended my romantic relationship with Thomas but not my friendship with them. 

I handed the paper bags to Thomas.

Sam: I forgot to give you these last night.

Thomas: These are for me?

He said as he raised his eyebrow.

Sam: Yah and for the whole family. Properly labeled.

We laughed. I remember Kuya Axel's reaction the last time their other brother got his share.

Thomas: Thank you for these and for properly labelling. I'll bring these to them maybe next week.

Then he paused.

Thomas: Ahm, would you like to come with me? *he placed his right hand on his nape* You might want to visit Mom? She misses you.

Then he smiled then I died. Just kidding! Thomas is really good-looking. He has this charm that can win every heart.

Sam: I'll free my sched next week. I would love to see your Mom.

He's smiling at me and I'm doing the same. I felt the time froze.