8: On A Red Day

8: On a Red Day

Thomas' POV

It's an ordinary Thursday afternoon and I'm on my way to practice. As I pass by this certain spot, something unusual caught my attention.

Sam's friends are in here, there usual tambayan but she's not.

Okay, yes, I do pass by this place every before practice just to have a glimpse of her. I don't really want her to see me. Call me stalker or whatever but it just gives me the motivation to do well during practice.

Btw, could she be with the eagle? No, I heard from JC and Jeron last night that those two haven't really talked since Sunday. You have no idea how I want to thank Kiefer for messing up. The momentum is with me, might as well take an advantage of it!

I panicked. Where could she be? Should I ask those girls?

But then, what are their names again?

Think, Thomas. Think.

Nevermind. I'll just go talk to them.

As I go near them, they were looking at me like whoa. Do they really have to do that?

Thomas: Hi!

Stare. Blink once. Stare forever.

Thomas: You're Sam's friends, right?

Stare. Blink twice. Stare forever. Okay, why is Sam friends with them? They are creepy.

I smiled at them just to hide my 'I'm starting to get creeped out in here' look.

Vera: Are you talking to us?

I swear if I just know these three on a more personal basis, I would give myself an ultimate facepalm. Thomas, calm down, they are Sam's friends. Sam's friends.

Thomas: Yeah, is there anyone else in here that I can talk to you?

I tried to be nice. Believe me, I tried. It's the best that I can do.

Drey: Oh, we're sorry. It's just unusual for someone like you to talk to us.

Thomas: Why unusual? Your friends with Sam, right?

Charm: Yeah, we go to the same class.

Thomas: Yeah, ahm, I usually see you hanging out with her here but I just don't see her today. Btw, I am Thomas Torres.

Vera: Who would not know you? I'm Vera, this is Charm and this is Drey.

I offered my hand to each one of them which they gladly shook after buffering for quiet a long time.

Thomas: Nice meeting you, Vera, Charm, Drey.

Drey: You were asking us something?

I now think that they are back to their normal selves. That took them long!

Thomas: Yeah, I'm looking for Sam. Is she with Kiefer?

No need to hide that. Kiefer's been talking about Sam everywhere. What a show-off!

Charm: I don't know but I doubt that. She missed class today. I think she's sick.

She's sick?!?

Vera: She called me earlier and told me that she'd be missing class 'cause she's not feeling well. By the sound of her voice, she having a very bad time.

What?!? Why is JC not telling me anything?

Charm raised her eyebrow.

Charm: Why are you looking for her?