21: Choices

21: Choices

SAM'S POV

I pulled Kief away from Thomas and Nica. I didn't mind looking back. Thomas got me so confused to even care. Yes, he got injured. But, was he the first athlete who ever got injured? Worse part is I don't understand his sudden change of mood. Kiefer and I exited through the green gate. Good thing the fans who were waiting didn't insist on taking pictures. I'm too pissed off to have a picture taken or to wait for someone. I just wanna get out of here.

Sam: Can you get me out of here? Please. Just get me out of here.

I begged. I know that I sounded pathetic that he didn't argue with me.

He shook his hand off mine the he walked in front of me after asking me to follow him to his car. I obliged without asking questions. I know that we're not completely good with each other yet he agreed to get me out of here.

He opened the passenger seat of his car.

Kiefer: Unless you wanna drive?

I shook my head. I went inside the car and he gently closed the door. He ran to the driver side then started the engine of the car.

No one dared to start the conversation. No one dared to break the ice that was formed a week ago. I closed my eyes that I didn't realize that I'm losing myself in slumber.

I had to squint to adjust my eyes with the light. Where am I? I looked around and I saw Kief ordering something through BK's drive-thru. Kief noticed that I have woken up. He flashed a warm smile.

Kiefer: Sorry. I can't run away with an empty stomach. Besides, I asked you to have dinner with me.

He continued driving and I didn't bother ask where we're going or the like. I would go with him anywhere.

First, Thomas sent me flowers through Vic. Next, we had our thomoments inside the dugout. Then, his 'you're worth melting for' speech. Afterwards, he kissed my cheek. The injury happened and he became snob. I don't get it. I just don't. I do have a twin brother yet I'm having a hard time spelling boys out. Katy Perry was right. Boys are just hot n' cold.

I was too disturbed with my thoughts that I got surprised when Kief suddenly pulled over.

Kiefer: You asked me to get you out of Araneta yet your mind was left there.

Sam: I'm sorry. I was just thinking of Tho...

Kiefer: Thomas again? Of course, why not?

I thought that he would do something scary again, instead he just leaned his head against his seat's headrest and closed his eyes.

Sam: Kief, I'm sorry.

Kiefer: No, Sam. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that no matter how hard I try, I just can't stop caring for you. I'm sorry that I fell for you too hard.

He stretched his hand to the backseat of the car and reached for the bags from Burger King.

Kiefer: Like what you wished for. Away from Thomas.

He opened his door and went out of the car. I feel like I am the worst person the world has ever seen. I've been constantly hurting a guy who never wanted anything but the best for me.

I opened the door and followed him. He opened the compartment of his car and there he sat. He patted the space beside him. I sat next to him, but he kept quite until...

Kiefer: Jeron once told me that I was blind.

Then he chuckled.

Sam: He once told me that I was deaf.