19: Steal

19: Steal
A steal occurs when a defensive player legally causes a turnover by his positive, aggressive action.

SAM'S POV

I rang the doorbell to Nica's condo unit, but no one answered the door.

Sam: Where could she be?

I dialed her number on my phone. It took her a few rings before she picked up her phone.

Sam: I would appreciate if you would open the door for me, Nica.

Nica: Wait, nasa shower lang ako. Open naman yan.

Sam: Okay.

I turned the knob and it was really open. This girl. She could have been killed with this kind of complacency

I went straight to her couch and opened her TV. She came out of her room dressed but her hair still wrapped in her towel.

Sam: Where to?

Nica: Sam, kailangan pag aalis lang maliligo?

I gave her a far-from-funny look, and all I got from her was a laugh.

Nica: What are you so peeved about?

Sam: I don't know. It's been days and I still can't erase the look on Kiefer's face when he shut the door. I've never seen him that hurt before. And, guess what? I've caused him that! Heck! If I could just teach this freaking heart!

I said in a defeated tone. I rested my head on the back of the couch.

Nica: C'mon, finish that sentence. If you could teach your heart, what would you teach it? Who would you want to pick?

Sam: I don't know! I love Tho so much that I don't care getting hurt again because of him, but I also don't want to hurt Kief.

Nica: Get a grip, Sam. Someone occupies a better place in your heart and you know that.

Sam: Nothing has changed. I just feel bad for Kief, period. He deserves someone better.

Nica: And you deserve less?

Sam: Seriously, I feel like I deserve no one.

She raised her pointer finger, grabbed her phone from the table and started dialing.

Nica: Where you at? *pause* Come here at once! Now's the perfect time to steal. Defenses are down! *pause* And please bring my boyfriend with you.

Then she put her phone down.

Sam: Who was that? You talked about stealing?

Nica: Basketball terms, dear.

I rolled my eyes on her. She got up and went straight to her room so I was left alone in her living room. I unlocked my phone and decided to check on IG.

Online sellers... Friends... Then, there's a post from Kiefer. It's a quote that says...

"Choose the girl that doesn't come easy, the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting." -Travis Maddox, Walking Disaster

@kieferravena15: But, there are some battles not to be fought. It was a right love at the right place and time. She was not a wrong person to love. Maybe, it was me. It was me who was wrong all along.

I titled my head to stop myself from crying.

Then I heard the door open, I turned around and saw JC and Thomas coming in.

JC: Hey! Are you crying?

He said as he sat down on the armchair.

Tho sat beside me and immediately wiped my cheeks with his hands.