Introduction & Prologue

This is a fan fiction purely written out of my imagination. No scene in this story happened in real life. Thank you.

Introduction

Samantha or Sam is the younger of Atty. Clyde and Atty. Sophia Torregoza’s twins – Jacob or JC being the older. Clyde and Sophia are both senior partners in a law firm in New York so they left their twins with Sophia’s parents. JC and Sam grew up very close to each other though they went to different schools before college. JC went to an all-boys school with his best friend Thomas Torres and his sister’s best friend Jeron Teng while Sam went to an all-girls school with her friends Johanna Romero and Veronica James. The guys are into basketball so when they received an offer to join a college Basketball team of De La Salle University – Manila they immediately grabbed it. Luckily, the girls were also accepted at that school so Clyde and Sophia gave their kids the freedom to live in a condo unit near their campus.

            JC and Sam’s friends went well together ever since they were in elementary and they eventually ended up being together themselves. JC and Nica (Veronica) were together since they were in high school freshmen, Jeron and Hanna were together since they were high school juniors and both couples are still together until now that they were all incoming seniors in college. However, a different story was written for Sam and Thomas. Sam and Thomas were together since they were high school sophomores and have just parted ways five months ago. A month after their break-up, Sam was offered a modelling project in Singapore which she immediately accepted. Sam was determined to stay in Singapore forever but fate has other plans. She was offered to become her school’s courtside reporter for the upcoming UAAP season and because of her love for basketball she had no choice but accept it.

Will Sam’s return be beneficial for her?

Prologue

Second Chance Point. A basketball phrase used to describe any points scored during a possession by the offense after an offensive player has already attempted one shot and missed.

SamTorregoza, February 20, 20**

John Denver is my dad’s all-time favorite singer and I never thought that I’d be using his song ever in my life.

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go

I'm standin' here outside your door

Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane

Don't know when I'll be back again

Oh baby, I hate to go

It’s been a month since my ex-boyfriend and I broke up. I don't even want to mention his name. I don’t want you guys to know him ‘cause he doesn’t deserve to be known.

I’m leaving for Singapore tomorrow. Got a modelling job at Upfront Models Singapore and it’s like a dream come true! I’ve been doing a lot of modelling here in the country but having an offer like that shouldn’t be missed. Besides, I think this is the window that opened for me when the door of love closed.

The only down thing about this is I am leaving my brother here. He can’t go with me. He has his life here and school’s not yet done. I’m just lucky to have been allowed to finish this term via online lectures and tests.

Honestly, if my ex-boyfriend and I were still together I won’t be taking this job. I love him that much but the feeling is never mutual. Mas mahal ko siya kesa mahal niya ako. Mas kaya kong i-sacrifice ang career ko kesa sa kanya.

To my ex-boyfriend, I will get you out my system completely. 

That's it for now.

XOXO.

Samantha Torregoza