16: What Happened After Breakfast?

SAM'S POV

The elevator door opened. Kief's holding my hand as we walk out of the lift and on to my unit. Quiet but not awkward unlike before which made me ask myself - can one breakfast date change everything? I shrugged the idea off my mind.

Kief: I hope that you're thinking about me.

I was caught offguard by his remark that all I did was just to smile at him.

Kief: And I hope that you smile because of me.

Sam: Why not?

Seriously, Sam? That's it? There are times when I just hate myself. There are times that I feel like I'm giving Kief reasons to hope that 'us' will happen. Paasa din siguro ako.

Kief: I'd take that. Who knows? Can be a good start.

That's the thing about Kief, he's persistent. He doesn't give up easily. It would take him a thousand blows before he finally gives in.

Sam: Not giving up?

Kief: Yup! Wanna know my new motto in life?

I smiled. He will tell it to me anyway.

Kief: Never give up. Great things take time.

Sam: Well, good luck on that.

Then he suddenly stopped. I looked around and it's my unit already.

I fished my key card from my pocket and swiped.

Sam: Pasok ka muna.

Kief: Hindi na. I have to drive back to Ateneo. I can't miss class. You shouldn't too.

Sam: Sige. Drive safely, okay?

He nodded.

Kief: Yes, ma'am.

Sam: And contact me as soon as you reach Ateneo, okay?

Kief: Yiee. Concerned!

I chuckled.

Sam: I'm concerned about myself. I'm the last person you're with. Baka sa akin ka pa nila hanapin pag nawala ka.

Kief: No, I won't let anyone pressure you like that. But, seriously, pag sa akin ka nila hinanap sasabihin ko andito ka lang...

He pointed his chest.

Kief: Nasa puso lang kita. Nag-iisa.

I smiled at him. He can be cheesy at times.

Sam: Haha. Sige na. Go back to your nest, King Eagle.

Kief: Take care, okay? I'll see you again tomorrow.

We shared a hug but before he pulled away he planted a kiss on my forehead.

Kief: Thank you for giving me this one more chance, Sam.

He waved and started walking away. I watch him as he walk towards the elevator. I'm really blessed to have Kief. He's one of a kind. If I can just teach my heart. If I can...

I entered our unit and looked for my phone. Yep, I left my phone earlier. I checked if I got a message or a call from anyone but I got none. So, no one looked for me? That's sad. 😔

I went straight to the shower to take a bath. I decided to wear the skater skirt Hanna gave me last month. I just hope Jeron won't mind or notice. I checked the time and I still have an hour to decide whether I'd go to class or not.

After I prepared myself, I checked my phone again in hope that someone finally remember and guess what! Somebody just did!

From: Jeron *panda emoji*🐼
Where on Earth are you?

That's how Jeron tells me that he misses me. Isn't he the sweetest best bud in the world?

To: Jeron *panda emoji*🐼
Condo. You miss me? Aww. You're so clingy! Can you not? 😉

Few minutes and he replied.

From: Jeron *panda emoji*🐼
K.

Don't you find 'K.' texts annoying? Well, I do. Bigtime! I'm letting that k text pass for now.

Afterwards, I got my school stuff which includes my bag and books from my room and placed it on the kitchen counter.

To go to class or not? I asked myself twice, thrice maybe even four times.

However, I ended up reading The Fault in our Stars for the meantime. What's not to love about Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace?

I'm still standing by the counter with both my arms resting on it. I really don't mind standing. I'm too engrossed with this book to even care.

Then someone opened the door. Good, JC's home! I turned around and was about to say something when someone hugged me.

Thomas: And you seriously thought that I gave you my blessing? Not to Kiefer. Not to anyone. I missed you, Mants.

I tried to pull away but the more I try, the tighter he hugs. It's no use.

Sam: I told you not to do anything stupid. What are you doing here?

Thomas: Because you don't give good advices. Can we talk?

I looked at Jeron, Nica and JC and they all nodded.

Sam: Will you let go of me if I say yes?

Thomas: I would pull myself away from this hug but never will I let you go again.

Sam: Let's get this done. Let's talk.

He pulled away. Don't hate me for pushing him away. I'm dying a thousand times inside whenever I do that. If I could just hold him forever, I would.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards the balcony. I let go of him as soon as we reach the balcony. I leaned against the grills while he leaned against the wall. Then there's five minutes, I guess, of silence.

I'm feeling too comfortable with the silence and I know that it's not right. Hold your horses, Sam.

Sam: I thought you want us to talk? Speak.

He smiled at me.

Thomas: I changed my mind. I don't want to talk. Words always fail me. I realized that what I really want is just to be with you.

Don't smile, Sam. Wag masyadong kiligin. I turned my back on him when I feel like I could no longer control my smile.

Thomas: Hey, what's wrong?

Sam: Nothing. Mas mahangin lang dito.

Then he hugged me from the back. His arms are on my waist and I can smell him, his scent. Addicting, as always.

Thomas: I'm sorry for what happened yesterday.

Sam: You don't have to. You didn't do anything wrong.

I removed his hands from my waist. He was caught offguard so he wasn't able do anything about it. I faced him with his hands are locked on mine. We're actually an arm's length away from each other.

Thomas: Yes, I did. I missed you.

Sam: Enough with all the nonsense, Thomas. Just go straight to the point.

He shook his head.

Thomas: You're so distant.

Sam: Because distance is my only way of saving my heart.

Thomas: Did that come from Kiefer?

His fists tensed up as if he wants to punch something or someone right now. I hate seeing him like this.

Sam: No, it came from me. Why do you always have to blame Kief for everything?

Thomas: Why do you always have to defend him?

Sam: He deserves it.

He smirked.

Thomas: Like you said, he deserves it.

I know that I should find Tho annoying but no, I don't.

Thomas: Look. Sam, I don't want to argue with you. Cut the cold-Sam act. Just so you know, no act can ever make me leave.

He moved closer to me. I seriously thought that he would kiss me. Instead, he whispered.

Thomas: thomoments are here to stay.

'I missed you more, Tho.'

Thomas: Yun naman pala eh.

Okay, what did he just say? I raised my eyebrow.

Thomas: Oh, yes. You said I missed you more Tho out loud.

Did I seriously say it out loud?

Sam: You're making up stories! I didn't say that!

He pat my head while smiling beamingly at me.

Thomas: Okay fine. You didn't.

He turned towards the door. Placed his hands on his pocket.

Thomas: But, I know what I heard.

I swear, I want to hit myself so hard. Ugh, pa-obvious masyado. Tss.

I followed him inside and saw him carrying my school stuff.

Sam: Excuse me but what are you doing with those?

Thomas: Just so you know it's thirty minutes before your class starts. Give me the privelage to bring you to class?

My eyebrows furrowed. I don't want to go to class.

Thomas: Yes, Mants. You're going to class.

I pouted.

Thomas: That pout won't help.

Sam: I thought you missed me?

Thomas: Yep but I won't tolerate that bad habit of missing class.

JC: How could the two of you make other people doubt about their own existence?

I looked at my brother, Nica and Jeron who were all sitting on the couch.

Sam: You're here pa pala? I thought you guys left.

Nica: That's the only thing I hate about you guys being okay with each other. You forget about us.

Thomas: Can't you just be proud of your playmaker? I'm trying to fix up my mess.

Sam: What mess?

Thomas: You had breakfast with Kiefer Ravena. Hindi ako magpapatalo doon. Hanggang breakfast lang siya.

I smiled while shaking my head. I really like the possessive Thomas Torres.

JC: YUN OH! Thomas Torres for three!!!!!

Tho waved his hand while Jeron and JC gave each other a fist bump.

Thomas: Hey, let's go na. I don't want you to be late for class.

Sam: Can...

Thomas: Nope.

I tried using all the charms I have in me to convince him that I just skip class but as usual...

Thomas: Nope. You're going to class, Mants.

One last try. If this try fails then I'm left with no choice but to go to class.

Sam: Pretty pretty pretty please?

Thomas: Well, blame yourself for being that pretty. You set the bar high. What would I do with a pretty please when I have you?

I swear, I blushed.

JC: Back to back threes!

Nica stood up, clapped her hands while shaking his head.

Sam: Okay, that was a game winning shot. Tara na nga. Bye guys. I'll see you later.

I kissed all of them good bye.

Jeron: Hey, bring Sam home safe!

Thomas: Kahit hindi ninyo sabihin.

He held my hand as we walk out of the unit. We rode the elevator with our hands still intertwined. But, instead of pressing the lobby button he pushed the button for his floor.

Sam: I thought you're bringing me to class?

Thomas: Yeah then I'd go to mine. I'll just get my backpack.

As soon as the elevator door opened, we went out.

Thomas: Stay here. I'll be back.

I nodded. He turned around. Two steps and he ran back.

Sam: Did you forget something?

Thomas: Yep.

Then he kissed my forehead. Thomas and his forehead kisses.

Thomas: Baka kasi iwan mo ko.

I playfully pushed him away.

Sam: Sige na. Faster na.

He nodded and ran away. I smiled to myself.

'Baka kasi iwan mo ko.'

No, Tho. Never.

Two minutes and he's back. He was actually catching his breath.

Sam: Hey, is something wrong? Why did you run? May multo ba?

Thomas: No, silly. I had to run baka nga kasi iwan mo ko.

Sam: Let's go?

He nodded and locked my hands in his. We rode the elevator once again.

His eyes are locked on the wlevator door while mine is locked on his. He's beautiful. He will forever be mu ideal man. I agree with Augustus Waters. "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world but you do have some say in who hurts you."

Thomas: I know that you're staring at me, pretty girl.

I quickly looked away but he laid his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him.

Thomas: Pinagsisisihan mo na bang iniwan mo ko?

I just bowed down. Yes, I do.

Thomas: Ako din nagsisisi na.

Okay, that hurts and I guess I deserve that.

Sam: So, nagsisisi ka na naging tayo?

Thomas: Nope. Having you is not something that I will ever regret. Hurting you is...

Then the elevator door opened. Thank you elevator door for ruining the moment.

We walked out of the building until we reached CSB's main building. I tried to remove my hands from his when we were about to cross the street. Just like the old times. Marami kasing tao and you know he used to hide me away from the eyes of the public. 😞

Thomas: Mants, what's with you? Can't you see that we're about to cross the street? Why do keep on removing your hand? Nag-alcohol naman ako.

He even pouted at me. Ugh, how can I resist someone as adorable as you?

Sam: Public. Fans.

He nodded. I seriously thought that he would let go of my hand but he didn't. Instead, he offered me his arm.

Sam: Thomas?

Thomas: Kinahihiya mo na ba ako, Mants?

He's still pouting. Too cute, Tho. Can you not?

Sam: No. It's just that...

Thomas: No naman pala eh. I want everyone to see that I'm with you. Kiefer Ravena and other guys would kill just to bring you to class. Hold my arm, please?

Who am I to say no?

He looked away from me and i can't help but smile. Tho has changed. Maybe because we're no longer together that's why. I still did something good.

We waited until the marshalls signalled that we can already cross the street.

We entered the campus. I don't feel comfortable with Tho this close to me.

Thomas: Hey, what's wrong? May magseselos ba? Kiefer's not here.

I smiled then gave him a gentle punch on the arm.

Thomas: What? I'm just asking.

Then he smiled.

Sam: You're hating on Kiefer once again?

Thomas: I don't hate him. I don't like him either.

Sam: Sus, baka madevelop na kayo ni Kiefer niyan eh.

Thomas: Ikaw nga hindi pa nadedevelop sa akin eh. Am I losing my charms?

What's the use of a blush on or a cheek tint when you have someone like Thomas Torres to make you blush everytime.

Sam: not a bit, torres.

I said that in a low voice so he won't hear.

Thomas: Hearing that from you means the world to me, Torregoza.

I looked at him.

Thomas: Yes, Torregoza. I heard you.

Sam: Are we fighting?

He laughed.

Thomas: Darling, you called me Torres first.

That's our other thing actually. We call each other by surnames when we're fighting.

He laid his hand on my waist and pulled me closer.

Thomas: Wag mo na akong awayin, please? Hindi naman kita matitiis eh.

Sam: At kailan kita inaway?

Thomas: You have no idea how much it hurts when I know that you're with Kiefer.

Sam: Kief's a good guy.

Thomas: I didn't say that he's not.

Sam: Basta, trust me on this. I'll be fine.

He sighed and pulled me so closer to him as if he doesn't want to let me go. I don't want you to let me go, Tho. Never.

We walked quietly until we reached my classroom.

He handed me my stuff.

Thomas: Wait for me after your class, okay? Don't talk to strangers. Be good. Listen to...

Sam: Blablabla... Daddy Thomas, this is not my first day in school.

He pat my head, gave me a salute and started to walk away while I just stood there hugging my books.

Until someone tapped my shoulder. I looked around and saw Saab, AVO's girlfriend.

Saab: You two are back together?

We walk inside the room and sat next to each other.

Sam: No, Saab. I'm dating Kief, remember?

Saab: You're dating Kiefer but you're smiling because of Tom.

Sam: Saab...

Saab: Yes, dear. Yung tingin mo at tingin niya sayo. Grabe! That's how my newly wedded cousin and her husband look at each other.

Sam: You're just telling me that because you're shipping for us.

She chuckled.

Saab: Okay fine. I may have some bias but please get back together. I miss you two. I miss our double dates.

Sam: The four of us can still go out together.

Her eyes glisten like a kid who was bought a doll by her parents for Christmas.

Saab: I'll make a reservation na!

Sam: What?!? That fast? Can we ask Tho first?

Saab: He'll get along.

We just stopped talking because our prof has arrived.

An hour in this class feels like forever. I fished my phone out of my bag and I got a text from Thomas.

From: Thomas *kiss emoji*💋
Just checkin' on my future CPA. I hope your having a better time than I am. I wanna see you so bad. 😩 I miss you. See you in three hours. 👊

I can't help but smile. This guy.

To: Thomas *kiss emoji* 💋
Listen to your professor, good guy. You wanted this, remember! See you in two hours and fifty minutes, Tho. 😜

I returned my phone in my pocket. Knowing bored Tho, magrereply pa yan.

Two hours and fifty minutes passed. Saab and I went out of the room and found Arnold and Tho standing next to each other.

Arnold gave Saab a hug. What a lovely couple. Someone hooked his arm on my shoulder and whispered...

Thomas: mas sweet pa tayo dyan.

I gave him a soft nudge on his side. He got my stuff with his right hand while his left hand reached fir my right hand.

Thomas: Hey, lovers! We'll go ahead.

They waved at us and we started walking away.

We reached my unit and saw everyone still there with Axel and a girl.

Jeron: Oh, you're here! Meet our new friend, Jade.

Axel: Srsly, bro? Shouldn't I be the one to introduce her?

I walked towards her, she stood up. I offered my hand to her.

Sam: Hi! I'm Sam! Glad to finally see you, Jade. I've heard a lot of good stuff about you.

She accepted my hand and shook it.

Jade: You're much prettier in person than in pictures.

I smiled at her.

Thomas: Parang artista no? Buti nga pinapansin pa kami niyan eh.

He placed his arm on mh shoulder once again.

Thomas: I'm Thomas. Just call me...

Sam: Bimby!

Jade laughed. Ugh, she's so sweet and beautiful. I seriously expected less from Kuya Axel!

Thomas: Bimby, seriously?

Sam: I'm just kidding, hottie.

Jade: Aww. You look so good.

We laughed. JC stood up and transferred to the bean bag from the couch to give way for me.

JC: I ordered pizza. I hope that's fine with you.

Thomas sat beside me.

Nica: Thomas! Masikip! Doon ka na sa bean bag.

Thomas pouted.

Nica: Okay fine! For Team Thomas's sake!

A few more minutes and our pizzas have arrived. Everyone got one except...

Jeron: Jade, have bacon supreme!

Axel: No Jade! Hawaiian's better.

Jade is just smiling while moving her gaze from Jeron to Axel to Jeron to Axel. Okay, this is funny.

I nudged to Thomas to show him the scene.

Thomas: so you think jeron likes jade?

I looked at him.

Sam: i don't know. maybe, he's just sad.

Thomas: which reminds me, are you still friends with veronica tiu?

Sam: yes of course. via and jeron, right!

Thomas: let's do jeron a favor but that means that you go on a date with me too.

Sam: ginamit mo pa si jeron para maka-date ako.

He planted a soft kiss on my temple.

Thomas: kilig na kilig ka na naman sa akin.

I pinched his side that made him laugh.

*tweet*

Sam: I can feel my paparazzis.

I looked at JC and he's grinning.

@jctorregoza: Team Thomas, make some noise! #thomoments #thereturn #nextlevel (IG link)

I opened the link and it's just the picture of Thomas planting a small kiss on my temple.

JC: And that's what you call an assist, bro!

Thomas: Thanks, bro.

I looked at Jade ans the two musketeers and I can't help but laugh for they still haven't settled their pizza issue.

Jeron: Please accpet my bacon supreme!

Axel: Jade, please?

I swear, I don't wanna be Jade right now. Torn between two pizzas? That's insane!

Sam: Hey! You gotta try this Cheesy 7! Jade, have some oh.

I handed her a slice that she can't say no to.

I think I saw her sigh in relief.

Jade: Thank you, Sam.

I winked at her. Jeron and Kuya Axel gave me a we-hate-you stare.

I looked at Tho and he's busy with his phone.

Thomas: I'll just get this call, okay?

He doesn't look fine to me.

Sam: You okay?

Thomas: Nothing I can't handle.

I nodded and he stormed his way out to the balcony.

THOMAS'S POV

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket so I fished it out.

Kiefer Ravena calling...

What now?

I looked at Sam and she looks amused by Jade and the guys.

To answer or not to answer?

I missed it but he called again.

Sam looked at me. This guy just won't give up.

Thomas: I'll just get this call, okay?

Sam: You okay?

Thomas: Nothing I can't handle.

She nodded and I found my out to the balcony.

I answered the call.

Kief: KNOW YOUR BOUNDARIES, THOMAS TORRES!

Author's note:
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Thank you for dropping by and I hope you liked this one. Thank you for all the love and support.

So, what do you think? Comment below, vote or message me. Twitter users out there, you can reach me @shaelaclaveria.

Have a merry christmas! May God bless you all and till my next update! ❤️