27: Breaking The Ice

27: Breaking the Ice

Sam's POV

It can't rain forever.

That was the first thought that I have in my mind upon waking up the next day. I was more of groggy than rested. What a night. I reached for my pillow and hugged it tight.

Sam: Okay, pillow. You listen to me and you better listen to me good. Today is a very important day, okay? For today is the day that I'll officially stop caring for Thomas, and I mean it. Understand?

I looked at my pillow, and made myself believe that it did nod. I am crazy.

I reached for my phone and played Carly Rae Jepsen's Tonight I'm Getting Over You. C'mon, what's the sense of moving on without a background music?

Then, I heard the door open. I removed the pillow from my face, and I watched the trespasser walk to my bed.

"Ang aga-aga, ang ingay-ingay mo!"

Sam: Ang aga-aga, ang pangit mo!

I moved a little to my right as Jeron lied beside me.

Jeron: I don't mind. At least, I'm happy. Eh, ikaw?

Sam: I am happy. What are you doing here, anyway?

He lied on his right side to face me.

Jeron: Because you're always hanging out with Kief, and I'm starting to get jealous.

I looked at him and he's pouting. I find it creepy than cute.

Sam: Because you're always with Jade, and I'm happy for you.

He smiled. Hanna and Jeron were together for almost five years, but never did I see smile like this. Jade's been doing wonders on Jeron.

Jeron: Ugh, I don't know, Sam. I just love her so much. I mean so much na kung itetext niya lang ako ngayon pupuntahan ko talaga siya kahit nasaan pa siya.

I smiled at him. I can see in his eyes that he's really happy, and I'm so happy for my best friend. I really am.

Jeron: Kakahatid ko lang sa kanya sa school, but I miss her already. Gee! I'm so clingy.

Sam: I'm really happy for you, Jeron.

He cupped my face with his hands and brushed my cheeks with his thumbs.

Jeron: I wish I could say the same to you, Sam.

I removed his hands from my face and playfully pushed him.

Sam: I am happy kaya.

Jeron: You know that you're not a good liar, right?

Sam: Nonsense, Jeron. Masaya kaya ako.

Jeron: Really?

Sam: Really. C'mon, I have to do myself a favor. I really need to move on. I'm in dire need of moving on.

Jeron made an annoying 'tsktsk' sound and his eyebrows formed an arch.

Jeron: Sammy, wake up!! May Basha na si Thomas!

Sam: I know! I didn't say anything about snatching Thomas away from Basha! Because I don't want Thomas back, okay?

I said my last sentence in the most convincing way possible, and I believed myself. I don't want Thomas back.

Sam: Yes, I still have feelings for him. Yes, I still miss him. Yes, I still love him. But, I believe that everything's normal and I'll get over it.