20: Winning and Losing

Sam's POV

"Sam, ready na ah."

I nodded and Ate Abby Maraño, the former DLSU volleybelle now working for ABS-CBN sports, went out of the dugout. In a few minutes, I have to go stand by that booth and face the camera. What if I get lost? What if I stutter? And the list of what ifs goes on. I was too busy with the list of what ifs on my mind when someone tapped my back. I slowly turned around and I was shocked to see a bouquet of roses behind me.

"Surprise!"

Vic, Tho's little brother, showed up. He has this grin on his face and I swear that it was one of the cutest things I've seen in my life.

Sam: Hi! You're not lost or something, right?

He shook his head with a really cute grin on his face. I could see the long list of girls who would be willing to kill just for him. Well, I hope not.

Vic: Flowers for you, Ate Sam.

I accepted the bouquet.

Sam: Thank you. Was this from you?

He smiled at me.

Vic: No, silly. It came from Kuya Tom.

Thomas Torres and his antics. I can't help but smile while looking at the bouquet. I was enjoying the moment when I heard Vic groan. I looked at him and he got his hands on his head.

Sam: Hey, what's wrong?

He put his hands down and laid them in front of me.

Vic: Can I have the bouquet again?

My eyebrows arched together as a response to Vic. I don't know what happened but, with a heavy heart, I gave him back the bouquet.

Vic: Can you turn around again? I kinda forgot my lines.

Sam: Your what?

Vic: My lines. Kuya and I practiced this a while ago and I still got it wrong. You won't tell him, right?

Okay, this is just too funny. Poor little Vic. I turned around while he took a step back. It took him a few more seconds before he tapped my back. Okay, am I supposed to turn around now? He tapped my back again so I turned around. There's the bouquet again.

Vic: Surprise!

I laughed.

Sam: Hi!

He handed me the bouquet.

Vic: Beautiful flowers for the most beautiful courtside reporter in the whole wide world.

Okay, this is too sweet. Just too sweet.

I accepted the bouquet once again.

Vic: You'll do well later, Mants. Ikaw pa. I don't love you for nothing.

Wait, did I hear this little boy right?

Sam: Can you repeat what you just said?

Vic: Sorry! No repeat button, Mants.

Then he giggled.

Vic: Ate Sam, can you bend a little?

Okay, this is weird but I gladly obliged. What took me by surprise was when he kissed my forehead.

Vic: That's from Kuya, okay?

I nodded.

Vic: Bye, Ate Sam! I'm going back to my seat. Good luck!

I waved my free hand and watched as he ran his way out of the dugout.

Sam: Bye!

I smiled to myself and for a second, I forgot about my worries.