Take On The World

[Prom Night] 

Riley decided to go with Farkle to prom and Maya decided to go alone. Farkle and Riley were at the punch bowl when in walked Maya. Riley looked really pretty but Maya looked gorgeous! 

All eyes turned to Maya as she walked through the doors

All eyes turned to Maya as she walked through the doors. Lucas watched her walk past him. She walked up to Farkle and Riley. "PEACHES! You look-- wow!"

Maya chuckled, "Thanks Riles, you look pretty 'wow' yourself." 

"Not like you! You walked in and everybody's eyes were on you!" Maya began to blush, she turned around and saw Lucas right there.

"You look beautiful Maya..." Lucas smiled. 

"What do you want Lucas?" Maya asked while avoiding eye contact.

"One dance..."

"Are you kidding me? You slept with some skank!"

"HEY!" Riley blurted out.

"What?" Maya asked.

"Missy Bradford just stepped on my foot." Riley said trying to laugh off what she just said.

"OOOO.Kayyy. Listen Lucas, I never want to see you again... So I definitely don't want to dance with you..." Maya ran out. Farkle left after her.

"Maya!" Farkle shouted running after her.

"So what'd you do?" Lucas turned to Riley.

"Josh took me to the clinic..."

[Flashback – 3 days earlier]

Lucas bursted through the doors at Riley's apartment. "RILEY I GOT YOUR 911... What's wrong?"

"I'm late..." Riley answered.

"So you need a ride somewhere?" Lucas asked cluelessly.

"Not to a place, my period..."

"So... OH!" Lucas shouted in realization.

"Yeah... I went out and got a test, I just wanted you to be here..."

"What happens if it's positive?"

"I can't have a baby so... I'll get someone to drive me to the clinic."

"Whatever happens I'm here for you..." Lucas said smiling.

"Thanks." Riley smiled back.

[3 minutes later]

Riley came out with the test. "So...?" Lucas asked.

"It's positive..."

[Flashback Ends]

"Are you okay with that?" Lucas asked.

Riley sighed, "I couldn't have a baby, not now anyway; it's not the right time, it-it's not the right guy..."

"No, I get it. Well good luck at NYU."

"I thought you'd be there too."

"No, I can't know... I'm gonna take a year off and ummm, go back to Texas."

"Oh" Riley's eyes widened.

[Graduation]

"I'd like to finish off this speech with a personal saying of mine that I learned from my favourite teacher... "The secret of life is people change people." I know in my heart and mind that this school has changed us all for the better... So congratulations class of 2020! It's time for us to Take on the world!" Farkle finished his speech and smiled. The class threw their caps into the air. Farkle walked down the stage and hugged Riley and Maya goodbye.

[NYU Campus — Fall]

"Riles this is going to be great!" Maya said. "You and me rooming together! I'm so pumped."

"I know peaches!" Riley replied.

"Hey I'm going to get a drink from the vending machine, you want anything?"

"I'm good."

"Okay, don't forget to say hi to Farkle for me when you go on your date tonight." Maya said smiling. Riley blushed. Maya walked out into the hallway and immediately ran into someone. "HEY!"

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking." He was tall, with brown eyes and brown hair. His smile was warm and welcoming and genuine. It was a nice change of pace.

"It's okay, neither was I. Umm, I'm Maya- Maya Hart." Maya said smiling.

His smile grew bigger, "I'm Jason– Jason Evans..."