New York is Different, It's...

"What? Who told you?" Riley asked. Riley's brows furrowed. "Was it Zay or Callie?"

"Callie called and apologized to me about something and it slipped when I asked if she knew if you were okay..." Maya lied.

"Look it shouldn't matter; Lucas loves you and you don't really care about me so..." Riley began to close the door but Maya blocked the door with her foot.

"OF COURSE I CARE! Riley, you're my best friend and I'm sorry, I get it, I betrayed you but I pushed Lucas away and told him it wasn't a good idea. I couldn't hurt you Riley." Maya's vision began to blur and her eyes clouded with tears.

"Too late..." Riley let go of the doorknob and wrapped her arms around Maya and pulled her into a hug. "But I love you too much to let this come between us." Maya let out a large breath and hugged Riley back. Tears escaped from her eyes and ran down her cheeks.

"I love you too..." Maya said with relief and happiness in her voice.

[Lucas's apartment]

Lucas was laying on his bed, looking up at the ceiling when Callie walked in. "Hey Friar... Your mom let me in; I just wanted to come and check in on you." Lucas didn't say anything, he just laid there, looking up. "I'm sorry... I don't know why all of this bullshit drama seems to be happening after I show up-"

Lucas interrupted Callie, "There was drama before you got here..." Callie walked over to Lucas and sat next to him. She laid down and stared up with him.

"It's not like Texas. The millions of stars, letting you know that no matter what bullshit you face, something will be okay... New York is different; it's-"

"Better...?" Lucas asked. Callie chuckled.

"It's only better cause you've got me with you." She nudged his arm. "Everything's going to be okay Friar... Okay? And so what if Zay likes Riley? You love Maya right?"

"Of course but I just wish he told me or you told me... Why didn't you tell me?" Lucas replied.

"It wasn't my place. Zay needed to tell you because he likes her and he's stepped back for you and Riley before and now that you didn't seem to care, he took a chance- granted a very stupid and thoughtless one but it was worth it because this is part of the bullshit that stars protect us from. Just know that whatever happens, you've always got me..." Callie kissed Lucas' cheek and began to walk away.

"Hey Cal?" Lucas stopped her. She turned her head. "I'm glad you moved here..." 

Callie smiled. "Me too..." Callie walked out the door and left Lucas alone with his thoughts.

[Bay Window]

Riley and Maya were sitting together when Farkle popped his head through the window...

"Ladies!" Farkle said as if they were still in middle school.

"Farkle..." Riley and Maya said in unison while smiling. Farkle came in through the window and sat next to the girls.

"So are you two speaking again?" Riley and Maya looked at each other and smiled. They turned back to Farkle and nodded. "Good because I need help..."

"What's wrong Farkle?" Maya asked. 

"Isadora Smackle and I were in class today during history and we had to pick a moment in history we could relate to... I chose Romeo and Juliet about Smackle and I. When the bell rang Smackle pulled me back towards her and she told me she loved me..."

"Farkle that's great!" Maya said. "So far I'm not seeing a problem..."

"I didn't say it back." Farkle said.

"What?" Riley asked with her eyes widened.

"I just stood there, saying nothing!" 

"Now I see the problem. If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one having problems this week..." Maya said trying to comfort Farkle.

"No offence but I doubt your problems are as big as mine..."

Maya nodded her head, "Lucas and I kissed, then Callie caught us and then Riley found out and then I kept backing off of Lucas which didn't end too well because after Callie told him that I stepped back for Riley, he showed up at my door and we ended up making out on my couch. And from there, my mom and Shawn came home early from their honeymoon and caught us which meant me having to explain the whole situation and why Lucas was wearing some of Shawn's clothes..." Farkle sat there with his mouth open.

"Add that to mine plus Callie caught Zay and I kissing... Plus Lucas may or may not know..." Just then Riley's phone dinged and a text from Zay was displayed: (Hey Riley, Lucas knows...) "He knows..." 

Farkle closed his mouth, "Yup you guys have it worse and that explains a lot. Wait so Callie doesn't want Lucas...?" Maya smiled and shook her head. "And you weren't really sick that day? You were just upset about Maya and Lucas?" Riley nodded her head. "One thing I'm still not understanding is, why was Lucas wearing Shawn's clothes?"

Maya chuckled, "Well before Riley found out about Lucas and I, they made plans to talk at Topanga's and when she didn't show up - from finding out about Lucas and I - Lucas came to tell me about it and he was soaking wet from the rain, so I let him in to dry off and gave him some of Shawn's clothes so his clothes could dry. We talked for a bit and then we watched a movie and we kind of fell asleep and then the next morning, which was this morning; I let him put on more of Shawn's clothes so no one would see that he was wearing the same clothes as the day before..."

Farkle nodded his head and took a deep breath, "Okay, so my head hurts a lot now from both of your problems and I would please just like some advice on what to do!"

Maya and Riley started to laugh, it seemed funny now, all of their problems were just a complicated mess and they were just glad they had something else to focus on for now...