That's Kind Of Our Thing Now, Huh?

[At Lunch — Football Field]
Maya's sketching under the bleachers, ignoring that her fingers hurt, ignoring the people on the field and above her on the bleachers, and ignoring that her heart hurts; until he came...

"Maya..."

"Go away Huckleberry!" Maya wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone or anything but he didn't care.

"Not happening! Maya, we need to talk. You lied to Farkle and Zay, I've been looking for you all lunch, and you're acting really weird! What is going on?"

"I'm not talking to you Lucas, go away!" She got up to walk away but he went after her. He grabbed her arm, "Maya!"

She refused to look him in the eyes. "Lucas... I told you I don't want to talk to you; now let me go, I have to go to class."

"We both know you're not going to class. What's wrong?" He asked.

She mumbled. "Why did you kiss her?"

"What?"

She spoke up. "Why did you kiss her?"

"You're mad because I kissed my girlfriend?"

Maya refused to answer or look at him.

"MAYA!" He grabbed her face and turned it towards him. "What's wrong? What happened to being able to talk to each other about anything?"

She took his hands off of her face. "What's your excuse? HUH?! What was with that conversation on the bench earlier and then all of a sudden, you're making out with Riley?! But you know what, I get it! Because I'm the idiot who actually believed for a second that you weren't playing with my feelings to get out of the Callie conversation! The whole 'WHAT IF' speech was complete and utter bullshit wasn't it!? The idea that you actually ever wanted me was just some STUPID FUCKING GAME TO YOU! Wasn't it?"

Lucas said nothing and just stared at her. Maya waited for him to answer but she got tired of it and started to walk away. Lucas grabbed her arm, pulled her in and smashed his lips into hers. She dropped her sketchbook. They just stood there kissing each other, his hands on her face and hers around his neck. He finally broke apart from her, "I should've done that in Texas..."

They sat down and just started to do what they do best -- talk.

"I don't know what's going on right now but I do know that Riley can't know what just happened." Maya said with worry in her voice. "But I also know that I don't want to have any secrets from her."

"Maya we need to talk about what's going on!"

Maya sat there with her sketchpad in her hands, not knowing how to respond.

"MAYA!"

"I HEARD YOU! Look we both have a lot of things we need to figure out before we even try to understand what this is! You're with Riley and Callie just showed up, I have to clear my name with the spray-painted hallway and Josh is still in the picture. I-"

Lucas interrupted, "Josh? You've got to be kidding me!"

Maya looked confused, "WHAT?"

"I'm just, I don't trust him..."

"Well I do. He's helped me a lot! Besides you're with Riley. This whole situation is not going to end well. Okay you kissed her and now you're kissing me; this is a mess that isn't exactly going to be easy to clean up."

They just stared at each other.

"Hey Friar, we need to talk!" Callie interrupted.

"And once again, my cue to leave. We can talk again later." Maya kissed his cheek and got up to leave.

"That's kind of our thing now, huh?" Lucas said as Maya walked away. She looked back and smirked at him.

Callie waited until Maya was gone, "Wow Friar, even without me, your life is interesting..."

Lucas chuckled, "I'd say more complicated."

"What is this? Facebook?" Callie asked jokingly. "So you cheat on your girlfriend with her best friend because...?"

"She's not my girlfriend..."

"Friar! You asked her why she was mad at you for you kissing your girlfriend!" Lucas looked at Callie in disbelief. "I was above you guys and you were yelling. Don't be surprised."

"Whatever" Lucas huffed.

"No, not 'Whatever.' You're not this person. I know you Lucas, this isn't you!" Callie said as she sat down beside him.

Lucas rubbed his face with his hands and laced his fingers together. He hid his mouth behind his hands and just mumbled to himself. He looked at Callie, "I have no idea what the hell I'm doing!" 

"I know, I'm here for you Friar." She placed his head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her. They were comfortable with each other, it was like they never left each other. Back to being friends easily; but not everyone sees it that way...