Don't Play Dumb

Lucas was walking out of the school and was walking across the football field when Zay ran behind him and pushed him.

"WHAT THE HELL MAN?!" Lucas yelled picking himself up from the ground.

"I COULD ASK YOU THE SAME THING! What the hell is wrong with you?" Zay knew Lucas could kill him but for some reason he didn't care.

"What are you talking about...?" Lucas confused trying wipe of the stains on his jeans.

"Do not play stupid with me! Riley told me everything! What happened to the plan?!" Zay questioned standing his ground

"The plan was stupid!" Lucas said snapping. "Okay I kissed Riley and yeah, I felt something but with Maya- I don't know there's just something there I didn't think was possible until-"

"Texas...?" Zay interrupted. Lucas nodded his head. "So you're in love with Maya...?"

"What?! What makes you think th-"

"Your moment in history! You said which ever guy falls in love!" Lucas looked down at the ground. Everything was messy right now. They walked over to the bleachers and continued their conversation.

"So what are you going to do?" Zay asked.

"I don't know! I don't even know how this happened. I chose Riley, plain and simple but then Callie shows up and starts pointing out stuff I didn't notice before and I'm just fucking confused!" Lucas buried his head in his hands. Zay just felt something come down on him. It was guilt. He had feelings for Riley and he was't sure what to do either. Tell Lucas about his feelings and the moment they had or just keep quiet...

"So, umm, listen... I- l had a moment earlier today with- Callie?" Callie was walking up from behind Lucas.

Lucas quickly brought his head up. "You and Callie?"

Callie sat down beside Lucas, "What about me?" Zay's eyes were wide and he was frozen.

Lucas turned his head towards her, "Zay just said you two had a moment earlier today..."

"WHAT?!" Callie looked at Zay and he was mouthing and pleading. Callie rolled her eyes. "Oh right! Yeah, we were going to tell you together after we got back from looking for Riley and Maya today."

"YOU SAW MAYA?!" Lucas shouted.

"Yeah, it took a while to find her but I found her in some park with these statues. We talked for a while and then she said she had a headache from all the bullshit today so..."

"What bullshit?" Zay asked. Callie hesitated to answer. "I already know Lucas kissed Maya..."

Callie's brows furrowed. "How?"

"Riley told me this morning when I talked to her."

"Okay well, this morning when we had the talk of the three girls, I lied! I'm not into Lucas, it's Maya, and I didn't want your friend group to break apart. So I pushed them into the empty class room and forced them to talk and as you can see that didn't end up happening..."

"You lying for your friends- it's like we're back in Texas..." Lucas laughed. Callie rolled her eyes. "So, the moment... What was the moment?"

"Why do you care Friar?" Callie smiled.

"Because my best friends are having 'moments' and I just want to know what's going on." Lucas used air quotes around moments and Callie chuckled.

"Well... I'll let Zay explain it." Callie smirked at Zay. Zay scrunched his nose into a fake smile.

"Well, we were talking and she was upset and leaning on my shoulder and we just stared at each other and started to lean and then her mom came through the door." Zay said while getting lost in the story.

"Huh?" Lucas questioned.

"What?" Zay asked.

"Friar!" Lucas faced Callie. "Maya told me something about you two today and I think you should talk."

"What'd she say?" Callie hesitated. "Callie!"

"SHE STEPPED BACK!" Callie said snapping. Lucas' eyes widened. "Maya said she stepped back..." Lucas stood up and ran away to go see Maya. Callie immediately regretted telling Lucas after but she needed to get him to leave. "You had a moment with Riley!?"

"Whaaaat!" Zay said over exaggerating.

"Don't play dumb! What were you thinking?!" Callie asked.

"I was thinking the same as Maya. Stepping back is a bitch! It hurts."

"How long have you felt like this?"

"I don't know! All I know is that I need to either get over it or tell Lucas."

"So when are you going to tell him?" Zay looked at her confused. "Well you were about to tell him so my guess is you know that you aren't getting over her anytime soon." Callie smiled and Zay laid down on the bleachers. He rubbed his face and groaned.

"What the hell is wrong with me?!"