Friar? What Did You Do?

Callie's standing at her locker and closes the door to see Lucas with a flower in his hands and a huge smile across his face.

"Friar? What is this?" Callie asked with a smile.

"A beautiful flower for my beautiful girl..." Lucas kissed Callie on the cheek.

"You know most 6th graders don't act like this." Callie smiled.

"Well most 6th graders haven't been in the same relationship for 2 years..." Lucas retorted with a chuckle. Callie kept smiling at him. They leaned in when all of a sudden,

"LUUUUUUCASSSSSS!" Zay was running down the hallway away from the school's jocks.

"Not again..." Lucas huffed.

Callie hit her head against her locker and held on to Lucas' shirt collar with both hands. "Go ahead..." Callie smiled while looking into his eyes. "I'll be here when you get back." She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and nodded her head in Zay's direction. Lucas ran after Zay and the jocks.

Lucas, Callie, and Zay were sitting at their lunch table when the principal made an announcement over the PA system.

"Lucas Friar and Izaiah Babineaux, report to the principal's office immediately."

"Friar? What did you do?" Callie asked with a look of worry on her face. Lucas stood up and made his way to the principal's office. Zay followed behind.

Callie was outside the office waiting for Zay and Lucas to come out. The door opened and she stood up to see one of the jock's that was chasing Zay, with an ice pack to what looked like a broken nose. Callie watched him walk by and not soon after walked out Zay and Lucas.

"Friar, did you break his nose?!" Callie asked with an surprised and angry tone.

"I can't talk right now Cal..." Lucas said while walking away.

"Well too bad! You're going to talk to me. I'm not letting you put this off for another day or another class!" Callie snapped.

"He couldn't even if he wanted to..." Zay mumbled just loud enough to be heard.

Callie's brows furrowed in confusion and turned to Lucas while pointing at Zay, "What is he talking about?!" Lucas clenched his jaw as well as his fists. "LUCAS!" Callie shouted.

"I GOT EXPELLED! OKAY?!" Callie took a step back. Lucas unfolded his arms and unclenched his fists. "Callie I'm sorry, I don't, I didn't mean-" Callie ran away in the other direction. Lucas punched the lockers near him.

[Callie's House]

Callie was sitting on her bed, finishing her homework when Zay walked in.

"Zay, I'm not really in the mood to talk to anyone right now so..." Zay sat beside Callie.

"Then just listen." Callie nodded her head. "Okay, Lucas was just trying to protect me and he-"

"HE TOOK IT TOO FAR!" Callie snapped while interrupting. "I'm sorry Zay... I just- Even if he hadn't, he snapped at me, who's to say he won't snap at me again but worse next time?" Zay just sat in silence, not knowing how to respond. He couldn't deny that Lucas had a temper, it was obvious. Just as Zay was about to speak, he turned his head to see her in tears. Zay didn't question why, he just allowed her to rest her head on his shoulder. They sat their while Callie cried and Zay comforted her. The future was unpredictable and at this point anything seemed possible, but not in a good way.