You're the One

"Maya you're all I think about!"

"Lucas... Don't! Ok? You love Riley..." Maya went to sit down on the couch.

"Maya, you can't use Riley as an excuse, not this time. If you have feelings for me-" Lucas crossed his arms. 

"I don't. Josh was right! The only reason I liked you was cause-"

"I don't care about what Josh said or what he thinks; I care about you!" Lucas sat down next to Maya. "Callie told me that you stepped back, and before that we were in history class and we were talking about what moment in history we could relate to our lives. My answer was which ever guy falls in love and ends up dead, and I wasn't even sure what that meant... Until Now..." Lucas put his hand on Maya's, holding it and making lines with his thumb.

"What?"

"Maya, It's you, it's always been you... You made me realize what love really is!" Lucas started to giggle. "You have run away from me countless times, you have called me countless names and given me countless excuses but none of that matters because out of all of those things one thing is a common thread... You Maya, you're the one." 

"Say that again..."

"You didn't hear me?"

"No, just say it again, say it a thousand times, say it in whatever language cactus Petes and ranger Ricks speak..."

"You heard me..." Lucas laughed. 

"Yeah I did. Thank-you... And I did- I did step back... again! I just didn't understand how I could have won and I didn't want to be left, again! So I guess I kind of just quit. The idea was no one would get hurt so I figured, Riley wouldn't get and neither would I but I was wrong... It hurts a lot to step back."

"I don't want you to ever step back ever again..." Lucas began to lean in and Maya smiled. They were inches away when the phone rang...

"Sorry, I'm going to take this." Maya stood up and answered the phone. "Hello?"

[On the Phone]

Maya: "Hello?"

Callie: "Before you say anything, I'm sorry for telling Lucas but I had to get him away from Zay and I so we could talk..."

Maya: "It's okay, I think you helped us... Wait what did you talk to Zay about?"

Callie: "He told Lucas that he and I had a moment."

Maya: "You and Zay?"

Callie: "No, Zay and Riley!"

Maya: "WHAT?"

Callie: "Yeah! Zay and Riley had a moment this morning. I sent Zay to find Riley and I went to find you. Turns out they almost kissed! So we talked about it then he said he was going home. Since he left I thought I would check on Riley and then when I go to see her, I catch her and Zay making out!"

Maya: "WHAT?"

Callie: "I know! Don't tell Lucas! Zay needs to be the one to tell him..."

Maya: "Why is everything so complicated?"

Callie: "Your friend group is legitimately a facebook status!"

Maya: "Hahaha! You can say that again... Well, I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow..."

Callie: "Bye..."

[On the Couch]

"What was that about?" Lucas asked as Maya sat back down.

"Doesn't matter... What does matter is-" Maya pulled Lucas in and kissed him; he kissed back and soon they were making out. They found themselves laying down on the couch when a key in the lock opened the door.

"Maya Penelope Hart!" Maya and Lucas jumped up.

"Mom, Shawn, you're home! I thought you were getting in tomorrow..."

"The flight was earlier than expected," Shawn said with his teeth clenched.

Lucas stood up, "Well it was great seeing you both again, I need to get home for dinner... Maya, I'll see you tomorrow!" Lucas ran out the door.

"Was he wearing my clothes?" Shawn looked Maya, she was avoiding eye contact as best as she could.