Even If He Does Like me, He's In Love With You

[Riley's Room] 

Music was playing in the background while Zay and Riley were making out on her bed. Her parents were out with Auggie for a parent/teacher conference. It was getting heated when *DING*

"You've got to be kidding me..." Zay huffed.

"Sorry babe!" Riley picked up her phone and saw a text from Maya. "Uh oh"

"What's wrong..." Before Riley could show Zay Maya's text-- *DING* "Uh oh"

[Maya's House/Lucas' House]

"I just can't believe he did that." Maya said between sobs.

"I just don't get why she did that." Lucas said in between punches to his pillow that Zay was holding. 

"OW! Okay I know you're pissed but ever hear of a punching bag that is not human..."

"Okay please explain everything!" Riley said while rubbing Maya's back.

"Callie kissed him." Maya explained chocking back on her words.

"DUDE! Why did you kiss her?!"

"I didn't kiss her, she kissed me and it's not like we slept together or anything. I just kind of lied to her, but I told her after..." Lucas said defending himself.

"Okay, I'm going to talk to Lucas and I'll send Zay over here."

"Riley just texted me to switch. So I'm going to go talk to Maya and she's coming to talk to you. Why don't you take one last jab?" Lucas punched the pillow harder then ever before. Zay coughed in pain. "DUDE! Jeez, I hope Maya's gentler..." Zay laughed.

"Zay to the rescue for Miss Maya Penelope Hart!"

"Not in the mood Zay!"

"What the hell were you thinking?" Riley said to Lucas after she punched him in the arm. 

"Hey! This isn't Texas, Riley!"

"Ha ha. Very Funny!" Riley said sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "Now answer my question; What the hell were you thinking?" 

"I was thinking I love her and I could never lie to her. The same thing happened with you and I and it almost ruined your friendship with Maya because we lied." Lucas was on the verge of tears. Riley was shocked, she'd seen him angry enough to break a wall but never sad enough to cry...

"Look Lucas, she's just hurt. She's looking for an out here, but I know exactly what to do, I have the perfect plan!"

"It's not a Zay plan is it? Because last time Zay gave me a plan, it ended up with your friendship with Maya on the rocks..."

"I don't even wanna know! But my plan is way better..." Riley texted Zay to bring Maya to Topanga's and she told Lucas to text Callie to meet him at there too.

[Topanga's]

Awkward didn't even begin to describe the tension in the circle at Topanga's. Riley was sitting in between Lucas and Callie, Zay was sitting next to Maya. Nobody was saying anything...

"I'm sorry... About everything!" Callie said. Maya rolled her eyes. "Look Maya I know I'm the last person you want to hear anything from, but truly I'm sorry."

"Why'd you do it?" 

"I don't know but don't let that stop you two from being together..."

"That's not what's stopping it! He likes you Callie..." Maya retorted in disgust.

"Maya... Even if he did or does like me, he's in love with you! You and only you." Callie said smiling. She stood up and grabbed Lucas by the wrist and brought him towards Maya. "There is something here too powerful to explain. There will be times when you think you're in so deep that you'll think it's easier to just sink down but he'll be there with you, and she'll be there with you." Callie explained to Lucas and Maya. "I have never seen more passion in two people, I have never seen such a wildside in anyone but you Maya, and I've never seen you willing to protect or love anyone like her, Lucas. There is something here that will never be explained and you can't give up on that, no matter who kisses him!" Maya stood up from her seat and wrapped her arms around Lucas tightly. 

"I love you so much, I'm sorry!" Maya whispered.

"You have nothing to be sorry for!" Lucas whispered back. Zay smiled at Callie. 

"You did good!" He said smiling.

Callie shrugged, "Think of it as a parting gift..."

"What?"

"My mom and I are going back to Texas with my dad. We're going to split time. Week with mom, week with dad. We're going to give it a chance."

"Callie you're leaving?" Lucas asked with his arm wrapped around Maya.

"Yeah, I like New York, I do, but I think Texas is more my speed."

"We're going to miss you!" Riley said smiling.

"Nah, you'll be fine." Callie smiled back. "Besides, I'll come back and visit whenever possible..." Callie hugged Riley, Zay and Maya. "You listen to me Friar..." She grabbed his shirt collar, "This girl right here is the best part about you, don't run away, don't hide from it, let yourself risk everything you feel for her because I can already tell, she's worth it all..." 

"I will. I promise." Lucas pulled her in for a hug. "You better visit a lot. I can't imagine my life without my best friend!"

"HEY!" Zay said. Riley pulled Zay towards her and shushed him.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." And with that thought Callie waved goodbye and left Topanga's and soon after New York.

"So... What happens now?" Maya asked.

"Everything..." Lucas, Zay and Riley replied in unison.