I Know How I Feel Huckleberry

[In the empty Classroom]

Callie pushed Maya and Lucas into the empty class room and closed the door behind her.

"Callie you like me?" Lucas stared with confusion and worry in his face.

"Of course not!" Callie said with a look of almost disgust.

Maya had confusion all over her face. "Well then why would you-" 

"Because you were about to jump of a cliff!" Callie said interrupting.

"What are you talking about?" Maya asked. Callie chuckled thinking Maya would know way before she ever would.

"Maya... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this whole sit-chi-ation you got going on is a tangled mess. It also isn't that hard to realize that the tangled mess isn't going to stop with you, Riley and Lucas." Maya looked at Lucas and back at Callie with confusion. Callie sighed. "This doesn't just affect you three, it affects your entire friend group. Whether they admit it or not, people take sides." Maya and Lucas looked at each other and back at Callie. "I'm not saying what's going on between you two isn't real, I mean I saw something there the first time I saw you two in the same room. All I'm saying is that you owe it to each other, to Riley, to everyone around you, to figure things out before it gets worse. So this is what's going to happen; I'm leaving, you two are not! You are going to sit in this room and talk, actually talk things out, figure things out. At least figure out a basic plan of action. When you've figured things out then we're going to clear up what I said over there." Callie smiled at Lucas and Maya and turned to walk towards the door.

"Hey Cal..." Lucas stopped her. "Thanks..."

Maya smiled. "For everything!" Callie smiled back at them and went back into the hallway to talk with the rest of the group and left Maya and Lucas to talk.

"So..." Lucas said.

"So..." Maya repeated. They just sat down twiddling their thumbs, avoiding each other's eyes, and trying to come up with something to say. 

Maya sighed. "Okay, I'm done with the awkwardness, Callie's right! We need to figure things out!"

Lucas nodded his head. "Yeah- Yeah we do. The only problem is that we don't know what the hell we're doing!"

Maya started biting her nails. "A definite part of this plan is apologizing to Riley! I feel awful!"

"I don't..." Lucas retorted. 

Maya looked up at Lucas. "What?"

"Yes we hurt Riley and that's bad but I believe that things happen for a reason. Maybe this is happening for a reason. Maya before we figure out a plan, we need to figure out how we feel!" Lucas gave her a slight smile.

"I know how I feel Huckleberry... We talked about this back at Mount Sunlodge." Maya wouldn't look at Lucas. 

Lucas lifted Maya's chin to make eye contact with her. "We said a lot of things at the lodge; you told me to tell Riley that I love her. I didn't!" Maya's lips parted and her brows furrowed. "I don't think I could because I knew in my heart I'd be lying and I don't lie to my friends."

"Why are you telling me this?!" Maya stood up and walked away from Lucas.

Lucas walked towards her. "Because I need you to answer a question."

"THEN ASK IT! STOP DANCING AROUND IT! JUST ASK!" Maya shouted as she stepped back.

Lucas walked closer to her until they were inches away from each other. "Did you step back?"