I Know What To Do

"Lucas..."

Maya and Lucas fell out of the dream-like trance of constant eye contact and turned to see Zay standing there with the most serious look he'd ever been seen with.

"What's up Zay?" Lucas asked while still looking at Maya.

"Can I talk to you about this whole sit-chi-ation you've got going on?"

Maya stood up, "I'll leave you guys to talk."

Lucas grabbed her hand, "You don't have to leave." They both glanced at his hand holding onto hers. He let go.

"I have to go to class anyway, plus Riley is probably still in the empty class over there freaking out. It's fine; you guys talk, we can finish talking later." Maya walked away with every thought racing through her mind. Lucas watched her walk away with every thought in his mind too; Zay noticed.

"Dude!" Lucas snapped out of his thoughts. "What are you doing?! This is the second near-miss. First Callie, now Maya!"

Lucas gave Zay a confused look but knew what he meant as he asked "What are you talking about?"

"Do not play stupid with me! You almost kissed Callie earlier and now you're getting ready to lean in with Maya? I thought all this triangle bullshit was done, finished! You chose Riley, not Maya and certainly not Callie! So care to explain what you're doing?"

Lucas looked at Zay with anger, sadness, confusion and so many more emotions in his eyes. "I DON'T KNOW!" He yelled. Zay stepped back. "I'm sorry Zay, I'm just really - I'm just - I don't - I need help..." Lucas rubbed the back of his neck with his head looking down at the floor.

Zay said 5 words that made Lucas smile with relief, "I know what to do!"

[Lunch]

Lucas walked over to the lunch table and asked to talk to Riley alone.

"Of course Lucas. I kind of want to ask some stuff anyway." They walked over near the lockers away from earshot but still in eye-view. Maya and Farkle just stared, wondering what was going to happen while Zay just mumbled to himself.

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Farkle asked Zay.

"What? I wasn't!"

"Yes, you were!"

"Wasn't!"

"Was!"

Maya interrupted them, "GIRLS! GIRLS! You're both pretty! Now stop I'm trying to concentrate."

Just as Maya turned back to look at Lucas and Riley talking, that's not what they were doing. They were kissing! Maya didn't understand why but it hurt. "I'm going to go see if the art room is open."

Farkle noticed, "Are you okay Maya?"

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm just going to get a head start on finishing my assignment and all their lovey-dovey crap is becoming way to gross to ignore!"

Maya walked away with tears clouding her vision while Lucas and Riley walked back to the lunch table, "Where's Maya going?" Lucas asked.

"She said she was going to the art room to do some work on an assignment." Farkle replied.

"What assignment?" Riley asked. "We're getting that today!"

"Why would she lie?" asked Zay.

Lucas watched Maya walk away. " I- I don't know..."