He's In Love with Her

Callie walked back to her apartment and her father was sitting on the couch waiting for her. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" Callie yelled.

Callie's father took a breath, "Callista, I-"

"NO! You've left three times and now, all of a sudden, you care?! What the hell is that about?! And stop calling me Callista, I'M CALLIE!" Callie felt the weight of the world come off of her shoulders.

"Alright, Callie... I didn't want to leave you-"

"BUT YOU DID! It doesn't matter that you didn't want to, YOU DID!" 

"I know and I wish I could it back but I can't." Tears began to fill in his eyes. 

"NO! I can't do this. If you really love me, leave me alone! Please..." Callie begged, interrupting his tears with her own. "Please..."

[The next morning — Bay Window]

Maya and Riley were sitting and talking when Callie knocked on Riley's bedroom door.

"Hey Callie... How you feelin'?" Maya asked.

"As good as can be... My dad's not backing down." Callie said looking down at the floor. "But Hey! What can you do?" Callie half smirked.

"I'm really sorry Callie... You've got us though." Riley said smiling.

Callie chuckled, "Yeah." Maya confirmed and rested her head on Callie's shoulder. Callie rested her head on Maya's. Riley took out her phone. 

"We should go catch the Subway..." Riley showed her phone to Callie and Maya and they all left out the window to catch the subway.

[Lockers]

Lucas and Zay were talking by the lockers when Callie, Maya, and Riley walked in.  The boys walked over to them and Zay smiled at Riley. Maya smiled at Lucas but Lucas' focus was on Callie. Callie was starring at the ground. As she tried to move to her locker, Lucas grabbed her wrist. "Nope." He dragged her into the empty classroom. 

"Friar, you need to stop doing that!"

"What's happening with your dad?" He asked not even paying attention to what Callie asked.

"He's not backing down. He told me that he'd fight for me, with or without my permission." Lucas looked at her with sympathetic eyes. "NO! Don't give me those eyes. Just let's go back out into the hallway and you be with your girlfriend. We can talk later tonight. I'll come over and we can do one of our old traditions; movie night?" Lucas nodded his head, smiled and sighed. They walked back out into the hallway and met up with the rest of the group.

"So Huckleberry..." Lucas looked up at Maya. "My mom and Shawn want to have you over for dinner tonight. What do you say?" Lucas glanced over at Callie then opened his mouth to speak.

"He'd love to!" Callie responded for him. She walked to her locker but before she left she whispered to Lucas, "We can talk some other time..." Callie smiled and walked away.

[History Class]

"Why thank you Ms. Hart for your insight..." Mr. Matthews said mockingly, "You-"

"Have brought us to our next assignment!" Maya said joining in, "I didn't mean to!" She whined.

"You will be in group of 2-3, you will create your history and your future. Interpret that how you wish, the only guideline I ask you to follow is CREATIVITY!" Mr. Matthews said while smiling at Maya. She smiled back and mouthed thank-you. 

Maya turned to Lucas who was talking to Callie, "Hey Lucas, you wanna be partners?" 

"I'm already with Callie, but you can join our group!" Lucas said smiling.

"O-Okay..." Maya agreed hesitantly. She turned back to the front of the class and whispered to Riley. "BAY WINDOW!" Riley nodded. 

[Bay Window]

"He's in love with her! What other possible reason could there be?!" Maya yelled while pacing.

"Maya, he literally asked you to be his girlfriend YESTERDAY! He wants to be with you!" Riley said trying to reassure Maya.

"Then what was history class all about?! "I'm already with Callie but you can join our group!" Maya said mimicking Lucas. "I'm telling you he's in love with her! Callie even answered for him this morning! I don't get it!" She finally stopped pacing and sat down. She put her index and middle fingers on both sides of her head to try and massage her temples to get rid of the massive headache she gave to herself.

"Peaches?"

"Yeah Riles?"

"Is this what you meant by everything? Everything happens now?"

"Indirectly, yeah..."