Spit It Out

Callie walked into her apartment and saw glass shattered on the ground and a little puddle of blood near the kitchen table. On the table she saw a note from her mother.

'Hey sweetheart, your father was trying his hand at cleaning up after dinner and dropped some glasses. He sliced open his hand. I'm taking him to the hospital to get stitches. I'll see you tomorrow morning.'

Callie didn't entirely believe that but she didn't exactly have a choice so she headed to her room and started brain-storming for her history project.

*DING* Her phone chimed. 'Cal, we need to talk!' Callie ignored it. *DING* 'CALLIE!' She ignored it again. *DING* Callie threw her phone across the room and just laid down on her bed. "Lucas needs to let it go!" She told herself. "Honestly!" Callie turned off her bed side table lamp and went to sleep.

*DING*, The sound of Callie's phone woke her up. Slammed her pillow over her ears and tried to ignore the sound. *ding*, The sound was muffled but still obnoxious! Callie got up and checked her phone. She had seven messages; four from Lucas, one from Zay, one from her mom, and one from Maya.

Maya's message read: Hey, I really need to talk to you...

Zay's message read: Check out this pic I found of u, me, and Lucas when we were in 4th grade!

Her mom's message read: Your father and I will be home at around noon. 

Lucas' messages read: 'Callie please stop ignoring me!' 'CAL!?' 'Callie I swear if you don't answer I'm coming over to check on you!' 'That's IT! I'll be over in 20 minutes!

Lucas' last message was from 20 minutes earlier which meant-- *KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK*

"UNBELIEVABLE!!!" Callie shouted to the ceiling. She walked to door completely forgetting about the mess in the kitchen. She opened the door. "Go home Friar!"

"No." He pushed pass her and made his way through the doorway. "I'm not letting this go! You're always forcing people to talk but when it comes to your own feelings you ju-" Lucas stopped himself from talking when he turned and saw the blood and broken glass. "What the hell?!"

"Ignore that, my dad's an idiot! But not as big an idiot as you!!" Callie said raising her voice. "Look can you please just leave, I need to clean that up before my parents get back..."

"I can help."

"NO! Lucas just please go home!"

"Not until we talk..."

"You know what, fine- FINE! You wanna talk?" Lucas nodded his head as his eyes widened in a 'DUH!' kind of way. "Alrighty then Friar... I kissed you, does that mean I have feelings for you? No! It doesn't. Will I ever kiss you again? I can guarantee that if I never kiss you again, it will be too soon. Was it a mistake? No..." Lucas looked at her with a confused look, normally that was his line. "Friar, of course I have some kinds of leftover feelings for you. You and I were something really special; key word being were! There's no future for us. What you and Maya have is something you and I could've never even imagined." Lucas smiled and brought Callie in for a hug. "Go see her, tell her you love her." Callie said smiling.

"That will be the most honest thing I've said in a while..." Lucas said chuckling. Callie pointed to the door and Lucas left. He quickly came back and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "I got really lucky to have you as a friend..."

"GO!" Callie said laughing. She closed the door behind him and went to clean up the kitchen.

[Maya's Apartment]

*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK*

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Maya shouted as she walked over to the door. She opened it and saw Lucas standing there, "Oh hey Huckleberry! Question: Do you know where Callie is? 'cause she's not answering any of my calls or texts or-" Lucas shut Maya up by kissing her. It grew passionately until Maya pulled away, "Woah! You ok Huckleberry?" She asked giggling.

"I love you!"

"I know! I love you too!" A sudden look crossed Lucas' face. "Huckleberry? Are you alright?" Lucas brought Maya over to couch and sat her down. "Okay, now you're scaring me..."

"I lied to you..." Maya's lips parted but nothing came out. It didn't even look as though she was breathing. 

"About?" 

"At the dinner, you asked me about Callie and I. We're not sneaking around but you asked me if anything happened and I lied when I said no... I kissed her..."

"Did you kiss her or did she kiss you?"

"Technically, she kissed me but I didn't exactly stop it from happening or not enjoy it..."

"I-I-I..."

"Spit it out Maya!"

"We're over!"

"Spit it back in! Spit it back in!"

"No, we're done! You lied to me, you cheated and I can't be with someone if I can't trust them!"

"Maya, I love you, and it's not like we slept together."

"I don't care! I asked you and you lied to me! I need you to leave Lucas."

"Maya-"

"I'm not going to argue with you! G-GO!" Maya's voice cracked as her eyes filled with tears. Lucas stood up and left. She closed the door, hit her head against the door, slid down to the floor and let all her tears go.