t w e n t y s e v e n

Everyone has moments that can't come fast enough and for Dan that was his plane arriving in the US so he could finally see Phil. His already cramped up leg was bouncing up and down, earning him stern and annoyed glances from the man sitting beside him. He didn't care. He just wanted to see Phil.

After what felt like seven years, the plane landed and Dan stood up only having to wait until the people in front of him made their way off the plane. He rolled his eyes impatiently, not caring if he seemed rude to other people. He was just surprised the man beside him hadn't called him out yet. Dan appreciated his obviously high tolerance level.

The process took much longer than Dan had patience for but soon he was off the plane and walking into the airport, looking for the tall boy with black hair. He scanned the crowd and decided to wait in an uncrowded section to make himself more visible. He didn't want to keep walking around and end up missing Phil anyway. Not that it was hard to miss him since they were the tallest people there.

As if heaven's light was shining down, Dan zoned in on Phil, who looked just as lost as Dan did. He booked his way across the airport, dodging everyone like he was some sort of secret agent. Again, the things he managed to do for Phil.

Phil's attention landed on the tall and awkward boy dodging through the crowd and he grinned widely. As soon as Dan was free of the crowd he smacked into Phil quite violently, causing him to take a few steps backs and almost knocking him over. He hugged Phil tightly, glad they managed to not fall over and shamelessly began to cry. Feeling Phil's arms around him for the first time in months felt like the safest place in the world and he wanted to freeze time right then and there to appreciate the feeling of never wanting to let him go.

The only reason he pulled away from the hug was so he could kiss him. The moment their lips connected Dan forgot all about the people around him and just focused on Phil. It felt like they hadn't even been apart, and yet it also felt like it had been years. It was a feeling he couldn't quite explain, all he knew was that he had missed Phil more than he thought he did and that he loved him.

"I've missed you so much." Phil said breathlessly. "More than you can imagine."

Dan smiled in his way of saying he missed Phil too and grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers. For the first time that day, he remembered the drama that was centred around them and became highly aware that they were in a high traffic area. His smile dropped and he pulled his hand away from Phil's, not wanting to cause more attention than they probably already did by making out in the middle of a crowd.

Phil grabbed his hand as he pulled it away, "I don't care. If people see, they see."

And in that moment, Dan fell in love with Phil Lester all over again. He held Dan's hand and walked through the crowd with an aura of confidence and determination that slowly radiated onto Dan. They held hands like any normal couple would without fear that they'd be seen. They held hands like they were supposed to.

Dan grabbed his luggage and headed out of the airport and hopped into a cab. Phil directed the driver to the venue that Vegas was playing in tomorrow night and Dan was in awe in how big it was compared to the venues they played on their first tour. This one could easily hold triple the amount of people than the one Dan went to and it was crazy to think that Vegas had sold it out.

"It's the biggest venue on the tour. Kinda weird to think how just last year we played a venue that could fit inside this one twice. Are you ready for the exclusive backstage tour?"

The two boys walked throughout the venue, pausing to talk to certain people and Phil introducing Dan to the many crew members who helped put together the tour. Dan always appreciated the people who worked behind the scenes, there wouldn't be a show without them after all. He assumed most of them realized who he was, some made comments, some even congratulated Phil for doing what he wanted to do. If only he could get management to understand that since he technically wasn't supposed to be doing this. He still didn't care though.