s e v e n

Whenever Dan had an excess amount of time to tweet, he would. His fingers had gone numb from the rapid typing that had occurred over the past three days and he was completely surprised he hadn't reached tweet limit yet. He wouldn't be surprised if he had reached 1000 tweets or more at this point per day. All he knew was that he was taking voting more seriously than school. If only he used this much effort in essay writing, if he did he could have written a novel by now.

Dan really should be writing his essay, but he had a band to support. In his opinion it was much more important than anything else, he had his priorities sorted. He was determined in making Vegas win. Though he knew it wasn't an "official" award, it would still be good publicity for them. As much as he wanted them to stay a small little band that was personal to the fandom, he also knew that if they were going to continue making music, they'd have to grow.

He was also determined in getting himself noticed by constantly tweeting. As much as he wanted them to win, he also had his selfish side. Getting noticed by causing them to get the award would be a win-win situation. Vegas had been having follow sprees for people using he hashtag and Dan wanted a follow. From anyone. He was hoping since Phil had tweeted him, his user would catch his eye but it hasn't worked out in his favour yet.

Being a fan could be so frustrating sometimes. He wanted the band members to follow him, but not just because he was a "fan." He'd want them to follow him and actually think he were a cool person that they'd hang out with. Of course that was simply a dream that would more than likely never happen. They were a band and he was a fan, nothing more. But that didn't mean he couldn't be one of those fans who the band knew on first name basis and not just a Twitter name. He had some optimism after all.

annaisvegastrash: it blows my mind that Vegas hasn't noticed you yet with all your tweets. you're literally clogging up the entire hashtag

danisnotonfire: the problem is that when they do come online everyone starts tweeting again. or they have me on mute which is more likely

annaisvegastrash: they can't put you on mute, you're already mute

danisnotonfire: wow rude #blocked

annaisvegastrash: soz was that too far?

danisnotonfire: no. if it were anyone else it would be but I know you don't say it in an attempt to make my self-loathing increase

And it was true. He knew Anna didn't make jokes maliciously and he wasn't the type to get all upset over something so simple. He knew the difference between a joke to lighten the situation and an insult by someone who just wanted to be a bully by trying to be funny. Plus, Anna was his best friend and even when she made a joke about his muteness she always asked if it was too far. She cared and that's all Dan could ask for.

He zoned out for a few minutes, simply staring out the window into the backyard. His mind wandered as he watched the spring green leaves rustle in the wind. Vegas was currently touring and he of course didn't have tickets to go. He felt guilty in asking his mom to buy them for him since he knew money was tight despite his mom saying everything was fine.

Dan was hoping that Vegas or a radio station would have a contest for tickets at some point. He had constantly been checking every single local radio station multiple times a day and checking if a miracle happened and someone was selling them for an extremely cheap price that he was able to buy using his birthday savings last year. He wanted to be able to see them before they inevitably got bigger and the shows became more impersonal due to larger venues. They were also in the stage of being able to meet groups of fans who waited outside the venue and Dan wasn't about to miss out on that opportunity. No matter what, he'd find a way to get to the show.

As if God or whoever was the bigger power in this universe heard his thoughts, he got a notification that jolted him out of his daydream.

AmazingPhil: WE GOT A CONTEST FRIENDS! we will randomly pick one person using the hashtag and they will receive two free tickets to a show of their choice! picking later tonight! go go go!

Dan eyes widened. This was his chance. Nothing, and he meant nothing, was going to prevent him from winning this contest. Sure it was picked at random, but he was going to do what he did best and be the annoying person who clogged up the entire timeline. He would would be the spammer for these tickets.

danisnotonfire: good luck to everyone trying for these tickets! lowkey want all of you to lose though sorry #BestNewGroupVegas

He spent the entire afternoon and evening sending out tweets. Phil did say they were choosing at night but that didn't mean they weren't stalking the hashtag looking at who was actually voting continuously and not just when it was needed.

Hours passed by quickly and his laptop was overheating but he still continued to tweet. The only time he left his laptop was to go get food but even then he tweeted from he phone. He had typed out all of the lyrics, all of the song names, every picture he could find, and random life updates. If they didn't choose the winner soon he was going to start posting memes.

annaisvegastrash: if someone else wins this contest I will honestly riot. no one else has even come close to tweeting as much as you have. you're all I see on my timeline

danisnotonfire: it all comes down to chance though. I usually don't have luck with contests anyway and I'm not going to sulk if I don't win. may shed a few tears but I'll get over it

annaisvegastrash: I don't care if you get over it or not. I'll still riot

Dan smiled at his computer screen. He really wanted to win this contest. He wanted to see Vegas at least once. Just to see the band that saved his life in person would be enough for him. Dan didn't think he would want anything more than that.

AmazingPhil: the time has come guys!

Oh god, here we go... Dan thought as he crossed his fingers.

AmazingPhil: our winner is....

Please pick me, please, please, please. Dan shut his eyes waiting for the next notification to buzz through.

AmazingPhil: congratulations @sunshinevegas ! dm me with the show of your choosing! thanks for voting everybody. wish we could choose every single one of you!

Oh.

Dan was gutted more than he thought he would be. He was so sure that luck would be on his side, but again, he never had much luck in the first place.

annaisvegastrash: thIS IS AN OUTRAGE BRB GOING TO START A PETITION TO GET YOU JUSTICE SMH SUNSHINEVEGAS TWEETED LIKE 10 TIMES

danisnotonfire: whether she tweeted a lot or not she still tweeted. she deserves it

annaisvegastrash: you deserve it more. I'm sorry Dan

danisnotonfire: it's okay. there will be more opportunities eventually for this tour or the next :)

Even though Dan said that, he wondered if it would actually be true.