f i v e

an: just a short and shit chapter because I'm super busy with school since exams are coming up in a few weeks but I still wanted to update so here ya go. stay safe everybody ❤️💛💚💙💜

Dan couldn't believe it. He had been staring at his computer screen for 10 minutes in complete disbelief. The notifications kept streaming in but he still couldn't fathom that it had happened.

Philip Michael Lester had actually tweeted him. The actual Phil Lester from the greatest band to ever exist. The Phil that he had completely fallen in love with over the short span of a month.

annaisvegastrash: DAN

annaisvegastrash: OH MY GOD

annaisvegastrash: OHIK TWEETD YOR

annaisvegastrash: AFE YOH KJAY

annaisvegastrash: ARE YKU EVEN STILK ALIVE

Dan couldn't even respond to his best friend, mainly because he was in shock but also due to the amount of notifications flooding in. Tears began to roll down his cheeks as what just happened hit him. If he was this emotional over getting a simple reply, how would he handle seeing them live, or even meeting them?

Maybe Dan was crying because Phil said he deserved happiness. Dan knew it could simply be a nice thing to reply with, but to Dan, it meant so much more. Family members have said nice things to him in the past, but he never believed them.

A million compliments were always forgotten after one insult and Dan sometimes felt like he deserved the insults rather than the compliments. He couldn't even reply back when someone said something, he always felt useless. But today, over a simple tweet, he felt like he could begin to allow himself to actually be happy.

He was beyond grateful for Phil Lester and no words could explain the amount of gratitude. Dan began to think that he could survive the rest of this year after all. The bullies at school didn't matter. He had Anna and he had Vegas. He decided he would focus on the simple yet important things because he did in fact deserve happiness.

danisnotonfire: THIS IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME

danisnotonfire: I HAVE BEEN BLESSED

annaisvegastrash: I THOUGHT YOU HAD PASSED OUT OR SOMETHING

danisnotonfire: I COULDN'T REPLY BECAUSE THE NOTIFICATIONS KEPT FREEZING MY PHONE AND BECAUSE I ACTUALLY ALMOST DIED

annaisvegastrash: I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU OMF YOU DESERVE THIS MORE THAN ANYONE

danisnotonfire: BRB GONNA GO CRY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

danisnotonfire: WAIT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO HOMEWORK NOW?!

annaisvegastrash: add this tweet to your turning point essay. use the feels as motivation

danisnotonfire: have I ever told you that you're genius?

annaisvegastrash: only every day since we started talking but I know I am