t e n

To say Dan was happy would be an understatement. The smile on his face was a permanent feature all week. He and Anna had been having the best time and it made him want her to live near him even more. If he could have days like these everyday he would never complain about anything. Even when he went to school, he knew if he survived the day he would be able to go home and be with Anna.

She had been staying in the house on her own when he was at school and his mum was at work. He felt bad that she was alone but she said she was fine as long as she had the wifi. Usually she would text him through classes and she even came to his school during lunch so Dan wasn't alone like he normally was.

Living wasn't a tedious task when it was filled with people who cared about you and loved you for who you are.

Dan was sitting in psychology class when he had a moment of realization. It was Wednesday. In two days, he would be seeing Vegas. He and Anna has been doing a countdown since they got the tickets but it never actually hit him until now. Two days. Only two days.

danisnotonfire: I'm kind of freaking out in the middle of class because I realized we are seeing vegas in 2 days?

annaisvegastrash: WAIT WHAT HOW IS IT ONLY 2 DAYS

danisnotonfire: IDK BUT I WANNA CRY BUT I CANT

annaisvegastrash: YOU CAN MAKE IT. ONCE YOU'RE HOME ILL CRY WITH YOU

danisnotonfire: oops my teacher is giving me a look brb gotta learn about Freud for the millionth time

annaisvegastrash: have fun with the oedipus complex my child. I will be sitting on your bedroom floor playing crossy road until you come home

The rest of the afternoon passed by slowly and Dan was relieved when it was finally over so he could go home. He walked at a faster pace than normal just so he could get home quicker so he could spend as much time with Anna as possible. Since he only had a week with her, he needed to use all the time he was given.

He burst through the front door and literally ran up the stairs to find Anna laying on the floor while doing something on her phone.

"Hello breadstick. How was hell, I mean school?"

Dan quickly grabbed his white board and marker to write out his response. This method was easier and saved paper.

'School is school. There's nothing more to say.'

"I'm getting used to this whole no school thing. Going back is going to suck ass."

'You're good at the whole school thing though. Classes are easy for you and you actually have friends.'

"None of them actually get me though. You're the only one that does. They thought I was crazy when I said I was coming here for a week and staying with someone I met over the Internet."

'A little bit of crazy is good though.'

"That is very true. Speaking of crazy, we see Vegas in two days and yet we are extremely underprepared. We need to make a battle plan."

'A battle plan?'

"Yes. We need to prepare what we need to bring, we need to find the setlist so we know how emotional damaged we're gonna be, or we can be surprised, your choice. We also need to figure out how we're going to get the best spot possible since its general admission."

Dan hadn't even thought about it being general admission. He wanted the best spot possible, he himself was tall so wherever he was in the crowd he'd be able to see, but Anna was short, she needed the least amount of people in front of her as possible. Front row would be the absolute best choice, but unless they camped out the night before that wasn't going to happen.

'How do you feel about camping out?'

Anna smirked, "I'm down if you are. And if your mom is cool with it."

The two passed the time waiting for Dan's mum to come home from work by making a list of stuff they would need if they were to camp out, as well as singing along to Vegas, well, mouthing along to Vegas in Dan's case. Anna also did Dan's math homework since he had no interest in trigonometry at the moment. Not that he ever did.

The sound of the front door opening caught both Dan and Anna's attention. They looked at each other with a grin before bolting down the stairs to meet her.

"Oh hello, you two are fairly eager to see me."

"Why of course, why wouldn't we be?" Anna asked, adding in a touch of charm that only Dan really noticed.

"I love you both, but I also know you never come running down the stairs when I come home. What do you want?"

Dan's mum was too sharp. She said it with a smile though so it's not like she really minded. She gave Dan the freedom he asked for within reason so he was quite confident in her saying yes to camping out before the show. He was also doing pretty well in school so missing one day on Friday wouldn't be a big deal. He'd just email his teachers for the work he missed.

"Well, Dan and I were wondering, since the Vegas show is general admission, you need to be there fairly early if you want a decent spot in the crowd. To do that, camping out the night before would be the best option, but only if you were okay with it."

"Hmm, if you two are seriously okay with waiting outside and you promise to keep in touch with me, I don't have a problem with it. You're both old enough and I trust you."

Dan's mouth dropped open. That was easier than he thought it would be. As confident as he was, he still had a small amount of doubt. Most parents would have to at least be convinced.

"Can you adopt me? You're actually the best." Anna squealed as she hugged her.

"Most parents would probably call me insane for letting you go, but I understand how much this means to the both of you. Plus, getting a good spot will make it even more worth it. Now go and make sure you have everything you need. I'll start making dinner."

Anna and Dan ran back upstairs and went over the checklist they had made earlier. They went around the house making sure they had everything. They filled up a backpack with extra clothes such as sweaters in case they needed to layer up. Dan grabbed two sleeping bags along with extra blankets and a tarp since he didn't have a tent. He didn't want to set up a tent on the sidewalk anyway, the tarp would suffice if it began to rain.

Dan looked up a map of the venue and there were quite a few fast food joints around so they could easily get food, water, and have access to a bathroom. They both had portable chargers so their phones wouldn't die as well as headphones and a deck of uno to help pass the time. Dan's mum even agreed to come by an hour before the doors opened to take all the extra stuff back home. She was an actual gem and Dan knew he would have to do something to repay her for all the extra things she was doing for him and Anna.

They were both beyond excited to have the experience of camping out before the show. There could even be the chance of one of the band members coming outside to say hello. If that did happen, Dan was sure he would actually pass out.

All he needed to do was survive one more day of school. Once he came home, he and Anna would be going down to the venue and lining up. Everything was coming together and Dan wasn't able to contain his excitement.