t w e n t y t h r e e

The publicity stunt had started and, much to Phil's surprise, it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. Victoria, his "girlfriend", was actually very sweet and down to earth and wanted to be apart of this "relationship" as much as Phil did. She was an actress who had just started to catch the media's eye and apparently needed all the publicity she could get, according to her manager at least. Much like Phil, she wanted to make a name for herself by doing her work, not through who she was seen in public with.

They both knew when to bite their tongues and go with what they were told, however, they both agreed they wouldn't do anything that was too much. They would stick to hand holding at most, kissing was off limits. Victoria understood that Phil was already in an actual relationship, plus, she wasn't interested in the male specimen anyway. Phil was lucky that he was paired with Victoria for this stunt because they both understood each other and were both in the same boat as the other. The only difference was that Victoria didn't have a relationship that could be ruined because of something that was fake.

Phil hadn't been able to see Dan as much as he wanted to due to both the stunt and recording the new album. He texted him whenever he had free time and Dan was understanding that this was Phil's career, but it still sucked. Phil didn't want to spend any free time he had with someone he wasn't actually in a relationship in. He wanted to be able to do that Dan. To go out in public without any worries and hold his hand like he was proud to be his. Phil had been doing a lot of thinking lately, and he was slowly realizing that his feelings for Dan had passed the feelings of a petty crush.

All the songs Phil wrote were about him, all his thoughts were about him, all his dreams were about him, everything was about Dan. He couldn't get him out of his head, not that he wanted him off his mind, but it was hard to focus on anything else but him. Knowing he felt that way about Dan made him feel 10x as guilty about the fake relationship with Victoria. She was a kind person, but he didn't want her in the equation unless she was just a friend. For now he would have to deal with it because there wasn't anything he could do about it. All he had to do was keep this up for a little while longer and then he would say he couldn't do it anymore. It wasn't fair to Victoria as much as it wasn't fair to Dan.

Phil had been in the recording studio since the early morning and it was one of the rare days where he was able to go home early. Normally he would have to go spend a few hours with Victoria, but she was working on a shoot and would be there for the rest of the day. This meant that he would finally be able to see Dan for the first time this week. Not seeing him had left an empty hole in his heart that was in desperate need of being filled, texting could only go so far.

phil: hi :)

dan: hi back :)

phil: I have been blessed with an early escape from recording and I was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner?

dan: hmm no thanks...

phil: :o

dan: just kidding! I'd love to, but aren't you supposed to be seen with Victoria? we can't really go anywhere without someone seeing

phil: could you make it to our spot by the river at around 6?

dan: I can do that

phil: good! see you then :)

dan: see you then :)

Phil wanted to do something special for Dan because he deserved it and had been putting up with everything and being supportive no matter how much it probably hurt him to see Phil with someone else. He had to figure out how he could make this more than just a dinner. He was thinking maybe a picnic, he just hoped they were something that were still considered a thing.