n i n e

The seemingly endless line of fans had finally begun to move. One by one, the line shortened, bringing Dan all the more closer to meeting the people who saved him. His heart began to beat faster and his breathing deepened at the thought of what was about to happen. Dan had a notepad ready with what he wanted to say since he himself couldn't physically say it. He smiled widely at the thought that in a matter of minutes he would be able to hug the band that he had completely fallen in love with.

Anna was beside him, chatting away about anything and everything. She was a nervous talker and didn't give people time to reply, not that Dan could anyway. He was content in just listening in an attempt to keep his mind off of what was about to happen. If he focused on it too much, he might throw up.

Dan tried to zone out and focus on Anna's voice but it seemed to be in the distance as he catches a glance of the black hair that Dan knew could only belong to one person. He could see Phil's shoes through the crack between the photo background and floor and if he listened hard enough he could hear their muffled voices over the talking fans.

This was actually happening. He was about to meet Vegas. They were now three fans away. Three fans and it would be his turn. He didn't know how he was going to remain conscious. The moment he turned the corner and saw them he would either break down into tears, pass out, or both.

Two fans away. Now he didn't need to strain to hear their voices. They were clear as day. Phil laughed, causing Dan's heart to flutter and a rosy blush to creep onto his cheek.

One fan away. The security guard gave him a polite smile that Dan tried to return without looking like he was insane. The guard motioned for Dan to move forward. His eyes widened as he saw them. The band that refused to let him give up. Vegas was literally right in front of him. Matt held out his arms for a hug. Dan stepped closer and then-

He woke up.

Dan groaned, turned off his alarm and buried his head deeper into the pillow, harshly keeping his eyes shut and willing himself to fall back asleep so the dream could continue. Why was it that whenever he had amazing dreams, he woke up at the worst possible time? He couldn't have waited to wake up until after dream Dan had met Vegas? His damn alarm was always jealous, it had to ruin everything.

He rolled out of bed, literally, and crawled towards the bathroom. Monday's really weren't his days. It didn't help that he had stayed up until 3am freaking out with Anna over the Vegas show. At least now he had something to look forward to.

Anna would be flying in to stay with Dan in exactly one week. Having her there would help Dan survive that week as well as provide another distraction. Maybe she would do his homework for him so they could have more time to actually do things. The only reason she was allowed to miss a week of school was because she was a genius who promised her parents she would do next week's work along with this week's so she didn't miss anything. Being extremely smart was evidently beneficial.

Dan did his morning routine with his best attempt in keeping his eyes from closing which would cause him to fall asleep on the cool bathroom tile. Thinking about it didn't seem too bad, it would definitely be better than school. He shuffled back into his bedroom to grab his backpack and phone before trudging downstairs and grabbing all the supplies needed for a bowl of cereal. He sat down at the table and went into his messages on Tumblr as he spooned the cereal into his mouth.

danisnotonfire: one week until we get to meet!

annaisvegastrash: ahhh I may actually cry when I see you js

danisnotonfire: don't worry I'll be crying too. I can't believe we're actually going to be seeing vegas how is this possible?

annaisvegastrash: I honestly have no idea omg it doesn't seem real at all

All Dan needed to do was limp through this one week of school before he could have what would end up being the best week of his life. Just the thought of it was enough to get him out the front door to tackle the day ahead of him.

*one week later*

Dan had made it through the week. Today was the day Anna was coming to the UK. It was the beginning of the best week of his life. School didn't even seem like a hassle when Dan knew he would be spending time with his best friend and he'd be seeing his favourite band on Friday. Nothing was going to change the happiness he felt.

He and his mum were currently driving to the airport to pick up Anna. Dan's leg was shaking up and down in anticipation as he mouthed along to the Vegas song on the radio. His mom was a gem for allowing him to constantly play their music in the car. He's surprised she hasn't got tired of it yet, or even if she has, she hasn't mentioned it. She didn't even think it was odd that he was making friends on the Internet.

The airport came into view and Dan's smile grew. In a few minutes, he'd finally be meeting his best friend. His mum parked the car and Dan quickly clambered out of the vehicle and began bouncing on the balls of his feet impatiently as he mum locked the car. They walked into the airport and Dan began searching through the crowd for Anna.

"Sweetie, her plane hasn't landed yet. We still need to wait a few minutes."

'Sorry, I'm just excited.'

"I know you are. I'm excited to meet her too. She seems like a lovely girl."

As they were talking they heard an announcement stating the flight Anna had taken had landed. She would be here any moment. Luckily he had seen pictures of her so he knew who to look for. Plus, all she had to look for was an awkwardly tall boy with an emo fringe.

He saw her. She was looking around frantically, standing on her tiptoes searching for him. It was moments like these where he wished he could speak so he could yell over to her. He shamelessly waved his arms in the arm to catch her attention which worked, he didn't even care if people were staring.

Once they made eye contact Dan broke out into a run, pushing through the crowd and earning more dirty looks. He was beyond caring, he just wanted to get to Anna. Before he knew it he was colliding into her and instantly hugging her. She did the same, burying her head into his chest while mumbling something incoherent to Dan. Tears began to roll down his cheeks but the grin on his face showed they were tears of joy.

"Wait, oh my god, I practiced this on the entire flight here." Anna exclaimed, stepping back.

'Hello. I'm so glad I have finally met you.' She signed, causing Dan to tear up even more. She had actually learned some sign language just for him. If they weren't blatantly gay, he would want to date her.

He quickly grabbed the notepad of paper and scribbled as neatly as possible, 'You learned sign language for me? You're actually the greatest person to ever exist. I'm so glad you're here!'

"Your writing is like hieroglyphics, I'm going to have to get used to it. I'm assuming you said something about sign language and how much you love me so a) you're welcome and b) I love you too, but I'm really gay so platonically only."

'My writing isn't that bad! But don't worry, guys for me only!'

"Is that your mom?"

Dan turns to see his mum squeezing through the crowd, apologizing as she went. He turned back to Anna and nodded.

"MOM!" she exclaims as she rushes over to Dan's mum, giving her a bone crushing hug.

"Daughter? How are you sweetheart? It's nice to meet the person Dan hasn't been able to stop talking about."

"I am fantastic! Thank you so so so much for letting me stay with you for the week. I'm going to be calling you mom because that's basically who you are right now. Your son is completely in love with me and he doesn't even bother to deny it."

"I might have to adopt you by the end of the week, who knows. I'm glad you're here, I don't think I've seen Dan happier than he is right now."

"I have that affect on people."

"Let's get out of the crowd, I'll treat you both to lunch somewhere."

Anna wrapped her arm around Dan's, "I love your mom already. I'm so glad I'm here and get to spend the whole week with you."

Dan was too. Even if he weren't seeing Vegas in a matter of days, this week would have been the greatest thing to happen to him simply because of Anna. His mom was right in saying this was the happiest he has ever been.