t w o

a/n whenever you see what Dan's saying in quotations just know he's using sign language and not actually talking!

♬♬♬

Dan didn't fall asleep until the first rays of sun were coming up over the horizon and in that moment he knew he had already fallen in too deep. All it took was one song to make him fall head over heels for this band and now that he knew their names and had listened to their album, he was obsessed. Dan had always loved bands as well as other things in pop culture but this was different. This was on an entirely different scale that Dan wasn't aware existed.

Luckily for him, Vegas only had one album, so it was easy to catch up on all the info he needed. He had a feeling he would know all the lyrics by the end of today, he watched the interviews, he followed the band members on all social media, he even had a favourite.

Phil Lester.

The lead singer of Vegas had completely snatched his heart and he wasn't complaining in the slightest. His voice was heaven, he was the most attractive person Dan had ever seen, he was the actual sun.

He felt guilty for already choosing a favourite after only a matter of hours, but he also knew it was okay to have a favourite as long as he didn't ignore the other members. It was called a band after all.

Though he was the lead singer, Dan could tell he was the underrated member in the band. Just by reading the YouTube comments on their interviews, Dan knew the majority of the fanbase loved Matt, the guitarist. He was attractive, but not Dan's type. Matt was almost too perfect.

Henry the bassist, and Adam, the drummer, were also extremely attractive, but again not Dan's type. Or maybe he was already just biased over Phil.

Phil just had the sweetest smile and kindest blue eyes Dan had ever seen. From what he knew of him so far, he could see himself being best friends with him. If only Phil knew Dan existed.

Dan was about to get his laptop out to fall deeper into the void that was fan life, but then he smelt pancakes. As much as he loved this band already, he was hungry more than anything.

He went down the stairs to see his mum placing what he assumed as the last pancakes on a plate. His stomach rumbled, signifying his entrance. Dan's mum turns around and smiles sweetly at her son.

"Good morning, love. How'd you sleep?" She asks as she pecks Dan on the cheek.

Dan signs out "yes", but knowing very well he should have went to bed before the sun came up. He was used to staying up it'll early hours of the morning, but never until dawn (aye).

"Have you thought of a topic for your essay yet?"

Dan's face pales at the realization that he still hadn't come up with a topic and instead of working on it, he spent the whole night researching a band. That counted as education, right?

'No, not yet.' Dan signs as he blushes slightly when his mum shakes her head.

"Isn't it due this week?"

'Monday.'

Her eyes widen, "It's due on Monday and you haven't even thought of a topic? Dan, you have two days! What were you doing last night then?"

'I found a band?'

His mum's eyes narrow, "That's what you did instead of homework?"

Dan does nothing by shrug his shoulders and attempts to avoid eye contact.

"Well, show me the band then. If they distract you from homework they better be good."

This was why his mum was his favourite person on earth. Any other parent would be disappointed that he didn't do homework, but his mum was supportive in everything. He was so grateful.

Dan spent the entirety of breakfast showing his mum their songs and various interviews and from what he could tell, she actually liked them too. She also guessed that Phil was his favourite in which Dan blushed. Mum's knew everything.

"Okay, I understand why you got distracted, but now you need to go write this essay. Don't make me turn off the wifi."

Despite the threat, she smiled knowingly and walked away. Dan knew she wouldn't, but he wasn't about to test that theory.

He trudges back up the stairs while humming along to a song, sits down, and falls right back into the idealess state he was in yesterday when he came home from school.

So, instead of trying to get rid of all distractions and work on the essay, he went on tumblr and created a separate blog specifically for Vegas. Not the productivity he needed, but productivity nonetheless.

The fandom for Vegas was considerably large despite the band itself being pretty unknown, at least to the mainstream media. Dan was happy for that, he had already formed a sense of protection over them and it had only been two days. Less fans, more opportunities to get noticed and buy tickets.

He scrolled through the Vegas tag reblogging and following for a solid hour. That's when he came across a gif of Phil and his life changed. It was the best thing he had ever seen. He felt blessed, he felt unworthy, a peasant like him shouldn't be allowed to gaze upon a god.

Dan immediately switched over to twitter.

danisnotonfire: someone put this gif on my gravestone thx

Phil Lester was truly something. A beautiful human being that deserved all the love and happiness in the world. If Dan was able to, he'd make sure he could always be there to protect him and make him smile just like he made Dan smile.

Wow Dan, what have you gotten yourself into this time?