e i g h t e e n

Never in Dan's wildest dreams did he think he would be sitting in his favourite band member's apartment eating pizza and laughing on the couch watching some show he didn't know the name of as if he had been friend's with them for years. Friendship was something Dan had a hard time coming across in general, let alone with someone he considered to be the love of his life.  He still barely knew Phil and yet he felt like he could consider him a friend. 

Dan had never been as relaxed as he was in this moment. He didn't even need to pay attention to the show as Phil was far more interesting in Dan's opinion. HIs laugh was infectious and his smile was intoxicating. Phil had such an addictive personality, it was hard not to fall in love with him. Dan found himself looking at Phil more often than the screen and since Phil was so entranced in the show before him, he didn't even notice the boy staring. He had no idea how much he actually meant to Dan.

Dan couldn't help but smile at how happy Phil seemed to be. He had an urge to just reach out and grab his hand but he wasn't about to step across a boundary when he had only been with him for a few hours. There were too many unknowns and uncertainties in whatever was happening between the two of them. Dan was sure it could be considered a friendship but at the same time he didn't know if Phil thought the same. Surely he wouldn't have just invited him into his flat if he considered him a stranger.

"Do you want more pizza?" Phil asks, breaking Dan out his daydream. Dan's cheeks heat up slightly as he realizes he had been staring at Phil and it was obviously noticed by the slight smirk on Phil's lips. Dan shook his head, he had already had five slices and felt as if he were going to explode. He probably would have had more but the nerves he felt with Phil didn't help with his appetite. 

'Where's your bathroom?' Dan types on his phone.

"First door on the left."

Dan gets up off the couch and makes his way to the hallway. He closes the door to the bathroom and lets out a breath. He didn't actually need to go the bathroom, he just wanted to update Anna. She deserved to know about the miraculous thing that had happened.

danisnotonfire: you won't believe where I am right now

annaisvegastrash: cuba? space? my house to surprise me because I really miss you?

danisnotonfire: okay I wish I was at your house because I miss you too but you're not gonna believe me

annaisvegastrash: where? don't leave me hanging

danisnotonfire: phil's house

annaisvegastrash: NO WAY. YOU'RE LYING TO ME.

danisnotonfire: I'm not lying. I'll talk more after because I'm pretending to be going to the bathroom and I don't want to talk too long. I'm dying on the inside

annaisvegastrash: GOOD LUCK MY SON. GO GET YOUR MAN

Dan rolled his eyes with a smile as he walked out of the bathroom, making sure to flush and run the tap for a while to make it seem like he didn't just come into the bathroom to hide. He walked out to see the coffee table cleared of the pizza box and the plates and he couldn't lie and say he wasn't disappointed. He didn't want to leave Phil just yet.

Phil comes out the kitchen and smiles at Dan, "Do you want to go get ice cream or something? I'm craving dessert but I don't have anything here."

Dan said a silent prayer as thanks in his head as he tried to remain as nonchalant as possible. He nods his head yes and the two boys put on their shoes and head out the front door. This day was getting better and better for Dan. Not only was he hanging out with Phil, but Phil was the one who continued to initiate things to do as if he didn't want the day to end.