e l e v e n

Time always seemed to go slow whenever Dan was looking forward to something. He was currently sat in his last class of the day and he swears that the clock hasn't moved for at least 10 minutes. He had tried to pay attention to the lesson to try and keep his mind off of the slow passing time and how much he'd rather be on his way to the venue with Anna, but the Pythagorean theorem was the last thing Dan wanted to listen to no matter the day.

Dan's leg began to bounce impatiently as he made continuous glances at the clock to see how much more suffering he'd have to endure. Half an hour. Only half an hour left and then you're gone.

To pass the time, Dan rewrote the checklist that he and Anna had made earlier to double check that they did in fact have everything they needed. They obviously had since they went over it five times just last night, but it did a good job in helping the time pass quickly.

Five minutes were left in class and Dan began to slowly and quietly put his stuff away. He was hoping the teacher didn't notice because he didn't need the 'the bell doesn't dismiss you, I do' lecture.

Dan swore he heard angels sing when the bell finally rung. He quickly swung his backpack over his shoulder and basically ran out of the classroom to his locker. He swapped what he didn't need with what he needed, slammed the door closed, and continued his run out the front door. He slowed down to a fast walk to avoid the curious glances until he knew it was safe to run again.

Just the fact that he was running because of a band was enough to make him realize how obsessed he actually was.

Soon he was bursting through his front door and bounding up the stairs to see Anna sitting on the bedroom floor with the two backpacks they had their stuff in. Anyone that didn't know they were going to a show would think that they were having an overnight camping trip. That technically was the case, except for the fact that they would be surrounded by buildings and sleeping on pavement rather than being surrounded by trees and sleeping on grass and dirt.

"Ready to go soldier?" Anna asked in a mock deep voice while raising her arm in a salute.

Dan mimicked her action and nodded his head. He was ready to go the moment he had got the tickets.

They went downstairs and waited by the door for Dan's mum to come home so they could leave. Those 10 minutes were the longest 10 minutes in Dan's life. More proof for his time theory that he didn't need. He just wanted to leave and be at the venue.

Finally, his mum opened the door and beckoned them outside to get into the car. Both Anna and Dan were grinning as if they were little kids who knew they going to Disneyland. Dan had a feeling that Disneyland would no longer be the happiest place in the world once he was in the venue with Vegas on the stage.

Dan's mum allowed them to play Vegas as loud as they wanted with the windows rolled down. The moment felt like one right out of a movie. The wind blew in Dan's hair and he smiled up at the sun warming his skin. He and Anna sang along to song the currently playing as each mile driven led them closer to the best time of their lives.

"Even God don't know where we're goin', and I sure as hell don't care. 'Cause if you and I could stay this high with heaven in our headlights, I swear that we can make it anywhere."

Before they both knew it, they had arrived at the venue and to their relief there wasn't anyone lined up. They would be the first two, giving them the best spot in the venue.

"Okay, so remember to eat and to stay hydrated, use sunscreen if you need to. Call me if there are any problems and I'll be back an hour before you go in to take your backpacks so you don't need to worry about them."

'Thanks mum, you're the best!' Dan signed before leaning over the centre console to hug her.

"You're amazing. Seriously, you can adopt me." Anna said as she also moved to hug Dan's mum.

"You two deserve it. Now get out there before someone else shows up and takes the front."

Dan and Anna frantically grabbed their bags and ran towards the venue. They hoped and prayed that no one wold come to say they weren't allowed to line up. They both agreed that they'd have to be dragged out kicking and screaming before they left their spot in line.

Their plan was to have one person in line at all times so others wouldn't take their spot. Fangirls could be vicious, and Dan and Anna refused to fall victim to their ability to do anything it took to get the best possible chance of being noticed.

If nothing bad happened between now and the time of the show, Dan and Anna would be front and centre and that made them very happy.

They set up their sleeping bags so they had something comfy to sit on, they found where they would get food and where the bathrooms were, they sung along to Vegas, and once more people lined up behind them, they made friends.

By evening, there was a group of twelve that were planning on camping out. Dan assumed more people would arrive in the early morning hours and then the line would progressively grow as the next day passed.

All he knew for now was that he was happy and felt safe even though he was literally sleeping on a sidewalk in London. Maybe it was the group of people he was with, or maybe it was the idea that this time tomorrow night he would be in the presence of his favourite band.

-

Phil was surprised that people had already begun to line up for the show tomorrow. It was mind blowing to him that people would camp out a night early just to have front row seats for their show. I should go out there and say hello, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. He bit his lip while contemplating whether or not to go out. It was a small group, no more than twelve people, so it wouldn't cause any mayhem.

"Phil? We gotta do one of those tour update things, you coming?" Matt asked as he stuck his head in the doorway.

Dammit, bad timing Matt. "Yeah, I'll be there in a second."

He glanced back at the people waiting in line. If there was still a small crowd after he had done the tour update, he would go out. But, whether he did or not, he paid close attention to their faces since he'd more than likely see them front and centre during the show. Especially the girl and the boy who were right in the front.