t w e l v e

Today was the day. The moment that Dan had been waiting for, but also the moment he thought would never happen, had come and he could hardly believe it. He had surprisingly slept well for someone sleeping on the sidewalk and being anxious for the show to happen. In a few hours, he would be in the same room as Vegas. In a few hours, his dream would become a reality.

Anna woke up with a groan, "Oh my god, my back hates me right now. We should have bought an air mattress. instead of just using sleeping bags."

Dan grabbed the whiteboard that they had been using the talk to Anna as well as the other fans waiting in line, 'We'll have to invest in one next time. Can you believe we're seeing Vegas in like 8 hours? What even is life?'

"I may actually lose my mind. We're going to be front row, like, they're gonna be right there."

'Be prepared to see me cry. Once they walk out I will actually collapse right then and there.'

"I'll get Phil to give you CPR, don't you worry."

Dan blushed as he smacked Anna on the arm. She bursted out laughing and Dan couldn't help but smile. He would honestly find a way to stop breathing just so Phil could give him CPR, but on the other hand, he'd much rather be conscious to experience it. The things he would do to that man if he had the chance. Fanfiction had brought his mind to the dark side, but it wasn't like he minded. It wasn't like anything he read or thought about would actually happen in the first place. He may love Phil, but it would never be anything but a singer-fan relationship. It was in the stars that boys like him would never be with boys like Phil.

"I'm going to go grab some breakfast, guard my spot with your life."

'I will actually fight anyone that even thinks about it.' Which was the truth. Nobody was going to get in his and Anna's way from getting the best spot possible in the venue. Nobody was taking their dream away. He was going to be as close to Phil Lester as possible and if that meant killing someone, he would. Okay, not actually, because a) he'd go to jail and never see Vegas again, and b) it wasn't like he had any muscle so what was he going to do? Poke someone to death?

Dan pulled out his phone so he could text his mum that he had made it through the night without any casualties. She responded almost immediately despite her being at work and reminded him that she would come by the venue at 5 to pick up everything unnecessary for the show, which was basically everything except for his cellphone and money for merch. He had more money than he thought he would for merch considering him being a high school student without a job. He was just good at saving up birthday money for necessities, and band merch was definitely a necessity. Despite him being good at saving money, now that he was in a fandom, he could already notice himself spending more money.

Anna returned holding two breakfast sandwiches, muffins, and cups of coffee, and Dan could feel and hear his stomach rumble simply at the sight of the food. He didn't realize how hungry he actually was until now. He took the food with a smile as Anna sat down onto her sleeping bag. They both dug into their food, which tasted like heaven, as they watched the streets of London become increasingly busier as the morning rush hour reached it's peak.

More fans joined the line, who looked slightly disappointed that they didn't have the front despite what they thought was an early arrival. They quickly warmed up to what Dan and Anna called the original crowd however and they all began to talk about how excited they were for Vegas. He may be biased in saying it, but he believed the two people who were most excited were himself and Anna. Dan was sure everyone in line dedicated countless hours towards Vegas since they decided to line up early, but he was allowed to be selfish sometimes.

Meanwhile, Phil was standing on the stage doing soundcheck. He had wanted to go out to visit the people in line but by the time he was finally free to do so, the line had doubled. He had been told it would be "unwise" in case the group suddenly tripled and got out of hand. Phil thought that was ridiculous, it wasn't like he was the singer in a band who had millions of fans that could start riots just at a glance of a band member. He didn't want to argue though so he just shut his mouth and nodded in agreement, he would see them front and centre anyway.