t w e n t y f i v e

Summer had come and gone and autumn had started. It was Dan's favourite season. The autumn leaves that lay on the ground crunching beneath his feet, the light chill that made baggy sweaters acceptable, and his inner white girl craving pumpkin spice lattes. Not having school made it even better. He should be focusing on getting a job and figuring out what he wanted to do with his life, but that could wait for now.

His dad had gone back overseas, but was coming back for Christmas so the wait wouldn't be as bad. It was only a few months rather than half a year like last time. His mum had been happier ever since he had come home which made Dan happier than he already was.

Phil had been able to hang out with Dan more often now that the Vegas album was recorded and set to release in a month. He still had to go on "dates" with Victoria, but the rest of his time was dedicated to Dan rather than recording. They knew they had to use that time to their advantage since Phil would eventually have to go back on tour for the new album as well as do promo interviews and photoshoots. Dan still chose to ignore the fact that he'd have to go months without seeing Phil soon.

He was also wondering how they'd handle the public relationship stunt during the tour. Dan was hoping Victoria didn't have to go on tour with them, something that Dan would happily do but knew he couldn't since it would be "suspicious". He had to laugh at the irony of their "relationship" though since they both weren't straight. It wasn't like he had to worry about Victoria stealing Phil away from him, he just wanted to be the one who got to spend all his time with Phil. His jealously didn't help with the situation.

Dan was currently on his way over to Phil's flat for a reason he was unknown to. He didn't need a reason to see Phil, but he was being adamant in Dan coming over as soon as possible. Dan wasn't a fan of surprises, he hated them really, especially when he knew there was going to be one. Phil was the only reason he would tolerate this one time. He tolerating a lot of things because of Phil Lester.

Phil: are you almost here? :)

Dan: almost. about 10 minutes

Phil: ugh hurrryyyyy

Dan: boi I'm walking as fast as I can. texting you is slowing me down ;)

Phil: okay fine. I just want to see you :)

Dan rolled his eyes with a smile. He almost wanted to take even longer just to bug Phil, but as he was thinking it, he found himself quickening his pace. Again, he did a lot of things for Phil Lester.

He arrived at the flat in half the time he thought it would take and knocked on the door, a bit breathless from the speed he had walked. Despite how breathless he was from the walk, nothing compared to how breathless he became when he saw Phil. He opened the door with his signature grin that made Dan swoon and immediately dragged him into the apartment.

Dan was still confused as to why he was wanted but he didn't really care because Phil was here. He followed Phil to the lounge and was lead to the couch where he was forced to sit.

"Okay, you probably think I'm acting a little weird right now, but I think you'll like why I wanted you here."

Dan raised an eyebrow, urging Phil to continue. Half of him was excited, while the other half was a little scared.

"Would you like to be the first person not in Vegas, to hear the new album?"

The half of him that was scared was now taken over by excitement. The fanboy Dan from earlier this year would have probably passed out if he was given this opportunity, and the Dan now was as equally close to passing out. He didn't care if he was dating Phil, he was still obsessed with Vegas, and always would be.