e i g h t

Dan didn't know what his problem was. He shouldn't be moping around this much over something as simple as concert tickets. To him it was a completely logical excuse to stay in his room laying down on his floor beside a perfectly fine bed but to others, such as his mum, it would be concerning. There would be more shows so missing this one wouldn't be the end of the world. He just wanted to be able to see as many shows as possible.

In all honesty, he felt like a spoiled child who didn't get what they wanted. He felt horrible for being this upset but he couldn't help it. Other fans understood what he was feeling and that's all that mattered. Anna was in the same boat as Dan and she said she was feeling the same way. At least he knew he wasn't the only one.

Dan was becoming discouraged. He had entered every contest he could find and yet he remained ticketless. He even got his mom to call into a radio station since he himself couldn't speak. He was beginning to feel like it wasn't working out for a reason or maybe it was karma for something he did when he was younger. Or the universe simply hated him and wanted him to suffer.

Vegas had become the most important thing in his life. He could always count on them to make him smile and feel something when he had those moments where he was numb. Phil's voice specifically had become a safe haven. His voice felt like home and safety and a warm hug when one needed it most. Dan considered Phil to be his angel and a more important aspect in Dan's life than he thought a lead singer in a band would ever be. Of course, thousands of people more than likely felt the same, but Phil was special to Dan.

Dan didn't know what love was but when he saw and heard Phil he felt butterflies and his heart began to beat just a little bit faster than normal. He would blush and he couldn't help but smile. That was ridiculous to think of course, he was in fact a singer and Dan was only a fan. Love wasn't a plausible thing that could happen in this scenario. He liked to be as positive as possible but it was highly unlikely that anything more than just a band-fan relationship would happen. Dan would have to stick to dreaming about the raven haired boy with the voice of an angel.

As Dan laid on the floor, he could feel tears pooling in his eyes, threatening to spill out. He shook his head, there was no way he was going to cry over not getting concert tickets. He wouldn't allow himself. Dan rubbed at his eyes furiously trying to rub away the feeling behind his eyes but only caused his eyes to water more than they were before. The tears rebelled and ran down his cheeks and dropped onto the hardwood floor below him. He felt stupid for being so emotional.

Oh my god, Dan. Get it together. You're being so stupid.

Dan pulled himself up and sat down on the bed. Laying on the floor wasn't helping at all, he needed a distraction. But the only thing he used as a distraction was Vegas, and listening to them wasn't going to help since they were the reason he was so emotional. He didn't want to work on the essay because it was about them as well and going on social media would be consumed with them also.

Instead, he played the piano, something he hadn't done in months. He was rusty at the beginning but slowly fell into a comfortable flow of notes and harmonies. He loved playing piano, but was always too lazy and discouraged to do so. He never thought he was good enough, meanwhile he was quite good for someone who neglected it for the majority of the time.

Without realizing he began playing a song by Vegas. For something done by ear, he was quite proud of how he was doing. He realized how much he loved playing the piano and how dumb he was for ignoring it. He also realized how Vegas had once again made him fall back in love with something else. They were truly changing his life into a better one.

Dan heard a faint knock on the door before seeing his mum slowly opening it with a smile on her face.

"I haven't heard you play piano in so long."

'I was inspired.' Dan signed out with a small smile on his face.

"Was that a song by Vegas?"

'Yes.'

Her eyes softened, "You really like them don't you?"

Dan nodded softly as he looked down at the keys of the piano. The tears were threatening to spill again and he didn't need them in front of his mum.

"I know it hasn't worked out for you for contests and I know your birthday isn't for another two months but I thought I'd give you your present early." she said as she handed him an envelope.

Dan's heart began to beat quickly as he grabbed the envelope. This couldn't be what he thought it was, there was no way. He tore open the envelope as neatly as possible with his shaking hands and covered his mouth with his hand as he saw the greatest thing he could ever imagine.

In his hands he held two tickets for Vegas.

This time he allowed the tears to fall as he grabbed his mum and gave her a bone crushing hug. If he could speak he would say thank you a million times.

"I know they mean a lot to you, more than you've probably told me, so I had to get you them. I also know that you're probably thinking about the cost, but don't worry, they weren't too expensive. Nothing we can't handle at least."

His mum was the best. Plain and simple. There was nothing he could do to thank her enough. This was the best gift he could and ever would receive and he could hardly believe it.

"Now, since there are two tickets, you'll need to take someone with you. I know that Anna lives in the states, but if her parents allowed it, and it didn't break the bank, I wouldn't mind her coming here and staying for a week and going to the show with you."

Dan's mouth dropped open, as if this day couldn't get any better.

'Are you serious?!' Dan frantically signed.

"Of course I am. You never ask for anything and you've kept your grades up in school even though you procrastinate more than you should."

'I need to go ask her!' Dan signed before sliding over to his laptop and impatiently tapping his hand on the desk as Tumblr loaded.

danisnotonfire: ANNA I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK ANSWER ASAP

annaisvegastrash: THE QUEEN IS HERE WHAT IS YOUR REQUEST

danisnotonfire: MY SWEET GODDESS MOTHER GOT TWO TICKETS FOR VEGAS' SHOW IN LONDON AND SHE SAID YOU CAN COME AND STAY WITH ME FOR A WEEK AND COME TO THE SHOW WITH ME IF YOU WERE ALLOWED TO AND IT ISN'T TOO EXPENSIVE

annaisvegastrash: WAIT WHAT IH MY GKD ARE YOU SERIOUS I HAVE BEEN SAVING UO MU MKNEY FOR YEATS I CAN PROBABLY AFDIRD A OKANE TICKET JF MY PARENTS ALLOW ME TO GO

annaisvegastrash: I AM NOT GOING TO FIX THOSE MISTAKES BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING BRB IM GONNA ASK

Dan sat staring at the tickets in his hand, completely blown away that they were in fact real. He was actually going to see Vegas in person. They would be in front of him and not behind a screen.

annaisvegastrash: I CAN GO. I CAN ACTUALLY GO

danisnotonfire: ASDFGHJKL I CNAY BELJVE

danisnotonfire: WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO MEET AND SEE VEGAS WHAT IS THIS LIFE HOW IS THIS HAPPENING

annaisvegastrash: I HAVE NO IDEA. ALL I KNOW IS THAT IM GONNA HUG THE SHIT OUT OF YOU AND YOUR MOM. WHAT A QUEEN

danisnotonfire: MOVE OVER QUEEN ELIZABETH WE HAVE A NEW MONARCH

Dan was officially going to meet his best friend and see the band that brought them together in the first place. Nothing could take the smile off his face and nothing could replace the happiness he felt. This was really going to happen.