Chapter One: A Start of A Journey

A/n: I hope you enjoy the book! Don't forget to vote and comment!

Arima Kousei POV:

Arima Kousei POV:

I could feel my heart breaking and my whole self was calling out to someone. My tears won't stop cascading down my eyes.

I know, I have to be strong enough to make sure I can give my best performance.

I would give all my emotions and prayers while I play the piano.

Dear God, don't take away the woman who's very important to me!

I sat in front of the piano after my name was called to perform for the East Japan Piano Competition

I sat in front of the piano after my name was called to perform for the East Japan Piano Competition. The only person I am thinking about right now is Miyazono Kaori.

Why wouldn't I be thinking about her?

She's the reason why I am here in front of the large audience with whom I turned my back on before.

My fingers began to touch the keys and I played with all of my strength.

I played the music gently and carefully like how it should be.

Playing and touching the keys gently was how my mother taught me to play. Slowly, I remembered everyone who gave color to my life.

Who am I without them, anyway?

Watari Ryota, my best friend, had always helped me stand up whenever I get confused over my own feelings.

Seto Hiroko, my mentor, taught me to care for another pianist named Aiza Nagi. She knew that I will be able to see myself at her.

Tsubaki Sawabe, my childhood friend who clung at me the whole time and who made me happy even though I did quit sometime ago to my piano.

I was thankful to my piano rivals, too. They mean so much to me. I knew that I wasn't just playing for Kaori but, I do know myself very well. I played music and went back to the lonely stage for her.

Suddenly, as I was reminiscing our old days, I suddenly saw her in front of me. I'm hallucinating aren't I?

It's fine.

Maybe she's going well.

We can do this all the time after I pass the competition. I can't let her go. I want to play for her and stay with her every single day.

What I fear the most was losing her but there might be a day I will lose her. I don't control fate.

Dear Lord, don't take her from me, yet!

As I was trying to look at her, she began disintegrating.

No... You can't fade on me!

I touched the piano keys harder like I was trying to tell her not to go.

"You can't go! You said you'll stay with me, right? Stay with me, Kaori!!!"

I looked down at my hands and saw that they look pale. As I finish playing my emotional piano piece, I felt that my heart was in so much pain. Tears began swallowing my eyes.

What I saw is wrong, right? No, she can't go.

I finished playing the piano moments later. When I noticed that my cheeks were still wet with tears, I stood up and dried my tears but the sudden pain at my chest won't still go away.

I clutched at my aching chest as it was so painful but after I bowed in front of the audience, my chest felt burning and my vision's fading. I'm sweating real bad, too and I felt nauseous.

What's happening with me? Am I the one who's fading and not her at all?

My body's getting heavier as the light of stadium's closing in on me. Faint sounds of the people around me shouting for emergency. Everyone seemed to be panicking to rescue me.

Why? What's happening with me?

A/n: I hope you like this fanfiction!