Chapter 15

Demi sighed as Miley stepped back and examined her. Danielle and Selena walked onto each side of Miley and also looked at Demi. “Can I look?” Demi said impatiently.

All the girls looked at each other. Miley looked back at Demi. She threw her hand in the air, “Group huddle!” Miley, Selena, and Danielle turned to each other and into a circle. Demi heard whispers.

“Uh huh… uh huh… uh huh…” Selena said.

Danielle popped her head out of the circle and threw her index finger into the air, “I agree!” She bent down into the circle again. Demi sighed and stuck her tongue out at them.

After a few seconds, they stood straight and clapped once. “Break!” they said in unison. They turned to Demi, and Miley smiled at her.

Miley walked forward, “Okay, it’s time.” She put her hands on Demi’s shoulders and turned her towards the mirror.

Demi gasped. She bought her hand up to her hair and smiled. She stood up and got closer to the mirror. She smiled at her reflection, “It’s never been straight before.”

Miley smiled and walked back to stand between Selena and Danielle again. Miley held out both of her hands in front of her and Selena and Danielle low fived her. “I know, we did awesome,” Miley said.

Demi turned around and ran up to them, attacking them with a hug, “Thank you so much!” she screamed.

The girls laughed, and they pulled away from each other. Demi stood in front of the mirror and straightened out her clothes.

“You like?” Danielle asked.

Demi nodded, “I love it. You guys were right. Nick won’t be able to take his eyes off of me.”

“Duh,” Selena said. At that instant, a loud speaker came on, interrupting them.

“All the girls and guards, come outside. Mr. Jonas is waiting for you at the limo,” the man said. The girls looked at each other and smiled.

“To the limo!” they yelled. They ran outside and met up with each one of their men.

---

Nick smiled and held Demi’s hand, leading her to a picnic basket and blanket that was already laid out next to a tree. “You look amazing,” he said softly. Demi giggled and blushed. Nick then intertwined their fingers, “So, how do you like it?” he asked, gesturing to the set up.

Demi smiled and let go of his hand. She twirled in circles with her arms flying in the air. “I love it!” she yelled. Nick laughed and ran up to her. He wrapped his arms around her and continued to twirl her.

She laughed, and Nick yelled excitedly, “Whoohoo!” he screamed like a five-year-old. After a couple of spins, Nick collapsed onto the ground with Demi on top of his chest. They continued to laugh as Demi adjusted herself to face Nick.

She straddled him while smiling down at him. She giggled and pecked his lips, “Hey, big guy.”

He chuckled, “Wow, am I really that noticeable?”

Demi stopped giggling and blushed. She started giggling again, only for it to turn into a giggle fit. “I didn’t actually know. I was just joking,” she giggled even louder, turning into a laugh. She dug her face into the nape of Nick’s neck.

Nick smiled and felt his face burn. He wrapped his arms around Demi. “Oh, well, I knew that. I was just, uh, kidding. Yeah, that’s it.”

Demi laughed and pulled away. She smiled and pecked his lips once more. She giggled, “It’s okay. I like it.” She laughed and slapped his cheek playfully. She climbed off of him and helped him up. Nick smiled at her. Demi looked around her then back at Nick. “What?” she asked confused.

Nick shrugged then wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Nick started to sway side to side. “This is nice,” he said smiling down at her.

Demi smiled, “What are we doing?”

Nick chuckled, “We’re dancing.”

She giggled and stuffed her face into his chest. She giggled a little more, “But there’s no music.”

Nick smiled and rested his face in Demi’s hair. He sighed happily, “Our music can be the sound of our heart beats.”

Demi giggled and looked up at him, “If we danced to your heartbeat, we’d be break dancing.”

Nick laughed, “Right back at you, Dems.” Demi giggled then jumped when Joe’s voice echoed through the field.

“Nick, Scar, food!” Joe yelled.

Nick turned to Demi, “So, I’m guessing you haven’t gotten around to telling them,” he said disappointed.

Demi looked down. She sighed then looked back up, “I’ll tell them… eventually.”

Nick grabbed her hand and started walking to the direction of Joe’s voice. Nick sighed and put his arm around her shoulder. “How about eventually comes after tonight.”

Demi nodded, “Okay.” She sighed and thought, How about am I going to tell them?