Chapter 35

“Nick,” Demi whispered in to his ear, “what if I said I wasn’t ready to be a mom?”

Nick felt his heart drop. Disappointed, he whispered back to her, holding onto her petite waist as she lied beside him, “I wouldn’t pressure you to keep this baby, but please know that I will do everything in my power to be the best dad this baby could have.”

Demi smiled slightly as she laid her head on Nick’s chest. Her finger traced circles lightly over his wounded area. Smiling slightly, Demi answered back, “Good because that’s all I wanted to hear. I wouldn’t give this baby up for the world.”

Squeezing her slightly, Nick pulled Demi closer to his body. At that moment, he couldn’t get any happier.

---

Slithering down the hallway, Satan stepped up in front if Room 705. He reached behind his back as he walked in.

The beast cleared his throat as he pulled out a pistol. “Well, well, well, what do we have here?” he throatily asked.

Terrified, the girl sat up and pushed herself further into the bed, her charcoaled color hair draping on her shoulders. Her immediate reaction: grabbing her fiancé’s hand.

Sitting up along with her, the young man groaned as he stared at the beast before them. “What are you doing here?” he snarled.

Satan smirked, “I could ask the same thing. I could’ve sworn that bullet wound could’ve finished you off… I guess I didn’t do a great enough job.”

The injured man turned to his fiancé, “Dems,” he whispered, “I love you. No matter what happens, I want you to know that.”

Demi turned slowly toward him with a few tears escaping her brown orbs. “Nick, I’m sorry,” she sniffled.

Nick turned back to the devil, “Paul, I don’t care if you kill me, but please don’t kill Demi.”

Paul only smirked and lifted his hand to point the pistol at Demi. “So, your name’s Demi?”

Demi let more tears stream down her face as she stared at Death. She shook her head and buried it into the nape of Nick’s neck. Nick wrapped his arms around Demi, trying to comfort her.

“Please, Paul,” he pleaded, “let her live.”

Paul shrugged and shifted his hand to his right, aiming at Nick. “Umm, Nope.”

Feeling helpless, tears filled Nick’s eyes. He looked down at Demi, rubbing her back. Bringing his lips down to her ear, he whispered, “I’m so sorry.” With that, he shoved his face in her hair.

---

“Hurry up, Kevin!” Joe yelled as Kevin parked into a hospital parking space.

“Shut the fuck up, Joe!” Kevin yelled back in his defense.

Before Kevin put his car in park, Joe jumped out of the passenger’s seat and ran toward the front doors of the hospital. Kevin snarled as he stopped his car. He turned toward Selena and Danielle who were in the back of the car. “Go meet up with him before he does something stupid.”

Nodding, the girls jumped out of their seats and ran out of their doors.

---

Joe stopped running when he heard two female voices yelling his name. He turned around as they met up with him.

“Joe,” Selena said, “do you know what room Nick’s in?”

Joe nodded and pressed the elevator button. Taking forever, Joe started to pound on the doors. “Open!” he yelled. He groaned and looked around him. He turned in circles looking for a particular sign.