Chapter 7

Nick walked out of his bedroom and into his office. He stopped when he saw his dad sitting in his desk chair. He immediately felt his body stiffen and anger built up in his veins. He took a deep breath.

“Dad.”

 Nick’s dad got up from the chair and walked up to Nick. He stopped in front of him and fixed his collar. “Didn’t your mother tell you how to dress?” he scoffed.

 Nick took a step forward but stopped himself. He took a deep breath and blew it in his dad’s face. He clenched his teeth together. “You know, if you weren’t beating her all the time, she probably could’ve taught me a lesson or two.”

 His dad chuckled, “Nicely said.” His dad took a step back and examined Nick’s office. He chuckled while walking around. “Nice office. You really redecorated when you took over.”

 Nick laughed without humor. “Oh, you mean when I was forced? Yeah, I decided to make this place not look like Hell.”

 His dad chuckled again. “Wow, you’re really something. So, let's go check the whores out, shall we?”

 Nick walked forward, “You don’t talk about them that way, Paul.”

 Paul chuckled, “Haven’t heard you say that since the last time I was here. It makes me feel like you’ve really grown up.”

 Nick tightened his hands into fists and stormed out of his office. Every time Paul came to see Nick, Nick would have to hold back and walk away before he killed him. Nick always told Joe and Kevin that if they left them alone for more than ten minutes, their father would be dead.

 Nick walked down the hallway, trying to compose himself. He took multiple deep breaths and thought about Demi. “You’re doing this for Scar,” he told himself. The mention of her name made him smile widely.

He reached the living room, the room where he examined the girls, and stopped. He heard the girls talking and teasing one another. He heard Demi’s sweet voice, and it made him smile wider. He felt his father’s hand on his shoulder, and Nick jerked his shoulder away. He straightened his posture and walked in.

All the girls looked up and ran into a straight line. Nick walked up to Miley and checked her over. He nodded his head and whistled Kevin over. Kevin handed Nick a shirt, and Nick handed it to Miley. Miley nodded and looked over at Liam. Liam smirked and escorted Miley to his room. Nick shook his head and moved onto Selena. Selena felt Paul’s eyes on her the whole time, and she looked down uncomfortable. Nick nodded at Kevin to hand her a shirt. Selena walked off, and Joe looked at Nick. Nick sighed, and Joe left. Nick stood in front of Demi and looked into her eyes. Nick felt sadness as his father walked up to Demi.

 Paul stuck out his hand, “And you are?”

 Demi looked at Nick, and he nodded looking down. She shook his hand, “Scarlett.”

 Paul lifted her hand up to his lips and kissed her knuckles. Demi looked at Nick confused and disgusted. Nick started walking forward, but Kevin grabbed his arm, causing Nick to abruptly stop. Nick scoffed and glared at Kevin. He turned back to Paul and Demi. “You are one beautiful woman, Scarlett. No wonder my son wants to fuck you.”

 Nick started storming forward, but Kevin dropped the shirts and grabbed him around his waist and held him back. Three of the other guards helped, also, and pulled Nick back with all of their strength. Nick tried to struggle out of their grip, but he gave up.

Kevin whispered in his ear, “I’ll let you go if you promise you won’t kill Dad.”

 Nick nodded his head and shoved his body out of Kevin’s grip. He fixed his suit and grabbed a shirt from the ground. He handed it rudely to Demi. “Just go, Scar.”

Demi nodded sadly and hurried out. Nick felt guilt rushing over his body as he saw Demi walk away. He looked down then finished looking over the girls.

Nick walked back to his office with his father and Kevin following. He rushed into his office and waited for his dad to come in. When Kevin stepped into the door frame, Nick stopped him. “Stay out,” he said coldly.

 Kevin looked at him blankly, “If I hear cries of pain, I’m coming in.” Nick rolled his eyes and slammed the door shut.

 Nick yelled, “You do not talk to her like that!”

 Paul let a smirk climb across his face, “Hey, I needed to tell the truth to the whore. All you want to do it fuck her.”

 Nick walked forward and pushed Paul backwards. “I wouldn’t ‘fuck her,’” Nick put up imaginary quotes with his hands. “Now, before I kill you and stop this, I suggest you leave!”

 Paul stuck his hand in his back pocket. He pulled out a pistol and pointed it at Nick’s head. He smirked, “I don’t think you could kill me if you’re already dead.”

 Nick took a step back and put his hands up. “Please, don’t.”

 Paul walked forward, causing Nick to walk back. Nick ran into the wall and fear pumped through his blood. “Now, you listen to me, I run this thing. You just get the whores to fuck the guards as their pay to their rent,” he put the gun against Nick’s head. Nick felt himself wanting to pass out from the fear. Paul smirked, “Now, I’m not going to kill you, but I want you to fuck that virgin.”

 Nick’s eyes widened, “How did you know that?”

 Paul laughed, “She looks untouched. She’s like a five year-old. She’s too stupid to know anything. I bet she doesn’t even know what sex means.”

 Nick felt anger at his words, "She's not stupid," he spoke through gritted teeth and shook his head, “and I can’t do that.”

 Paul pushed the gun harder against his head, “I’ll get Joe or Kevin to do it.”

 Nick sighed defeated, “Okay, fine, I’ll do it. Now, please, put the gun down.”

 Paul smirked and pulled the gun away. He smiled as he put the gun back in his pocket. He opened the door, “Okay, I’m staying here for a week. If she isn’t fucked by then, I’m killing you… then her.” Paul walked out of the door.

Nick stood dazed for a couple of seconds until he punched the wall. Nick pulled his hand back and shook it out. This made him even angrier. He kept punching the wall repeatedly until his hands were bleeding. Nick then felt tears well up in his eyes as he thought about the hell Demi was going to go through.

 Nick wiped his eyes. “Everything the Devil comes in touch with… gets burned.”