Chapter 8

Demi sat on her bed in silence. She heard Selena moan as Joe started sucking on her neck. She groaned, and Selena tried pulling away from Joe. She put her hands on his shoulders, “J-Joe, stop.”

 Joe shook his head and kept sucking on her neck. “Baby, let’s go to my room.” Selena shook her head and pulled away. She wiped the saliva off of her neck and stood up. She walked over to Demi’s bed and sat down on the edge.

 She cleared her throat, and Demi looked up. She smiled warmly, “Scarlett, you have to tell Mister.”

 She gave her a death glare, “Tell him what?”

 Joe chuckled, causing both Selena and Demi to look at him. Joe stood up from Selena’s bed. “Even I know you’re madly in love with him.”

 Demi stood up furious and walked to Joe. She poked his chest harshly with her finger. She scoffed, “I do not love him, okay?” She poked his chest again, and he walked back. She walked forward and poked his chest again. “He doesn’t love me, so there’s no point in loving him!” She pushed Joe backwards, and he fell on Selena’s bed. Demi turned around and pointed behind her to Joe. “Sel, get him out of here, like, now!”

Demi scoffed and the innocent little girl she was escaped her. “You know what, as long as I’m not here, go ahead and fuck Joe! Just not on my bed!” Demi stormed out of the room and slammed the door on her way out.

Selena turned to Joe and sighed. Selena looked down, “Obviously, she’s mad. She never cusses. I didn’t know she knew what ‘fuck’ meant.”

 ---

 Demi started walking forward, looking at the ground. She kept cussing at Selena in her head. Then her mind flickered to Nick. Why doesn’t he fucking love me? she thought.

She kept walking until she slammed into someone, causing her to fall on the floor. She brought her hand up to her head. It was pounding a bit from slamming into the person’s hard chest.

 The man held out his hand, “Oh, Scar, I’m so sorry.” Demi smiled at the man’s voice and her nickname. She looked up and smiled even wider. She extended her hand and grabbed his. The man helped pull her up.

 She smiled and wiped off her skirt. She giggled, “Thanks, Mister.”

 Nick nodded and smiled, “No problem. Just helping a beautiful lady out.” Nick realized what he said and blushed. Demi giggled as she saw him redden, and she turned a rosy pink.

 Demi kept giggling like a little girl, “Um… thank you,” she giggled some more.

 Nick chuckled seeing Demi have her giggle fit. He smiled wide, “You have a beautiful giggle, Scar.”

Demi stopped giggling and turned a deep red. She bit her lip trying to suppress another giggle. Nick smiled seeing Demi so embarrassed. He spoke, “So to get you to stop blushing, let’s walk around and get to know each other.” Demi nodded and still felt her face burning. Nick took the lead and started walking down the hallway. “So, to start, why were you not in your room? I might have to punish you for that,” he joked.

 Demi laughed, “Oh, you know, I was just looking for trouble,” she said sarcastically.

 Nick laughed along with her, “Okay, now, the real reason.”

 Demi’s smile instantly turned into a frown. “Uh, Joe and Selena were making me mad.”

 Nick looked over at Demi while they were walking. He sighed, “What were they saying?”

 Demi shook her head, “Nothing. I don’t want to talk about it.”

Nick nodded his head. “Okay, well, now to get to know each other. When’s your birthday?”

 Demi smiled, “How is that even important?”

 Nick shrugged, “I don’t know, just thought it would lighten the mood. Well, okay, how about, do you have any siblings?”

 Demi shrugged, “None that I know of.” Nick felt awkward asking from the memories of him finding Demi. Nick shook it off. He then realized he was standing in front of his bedroom door.

 He turned to Demi. “Scar, do you want to uh,” Nick felt his palms sweating, “stay in my room. Unless you don’t want to. I won’t force-”

 Demi laughed, “Nick, shut up. Yes, I’ll stay.”

 Nick threw his hand up in the air, “Yes! I mean, cough cough, cool.” Demi giggled and went into his room.