Chapter 24

Nick continued to stroke Demi’s hair, humming softly. “I love you,” he said and continued humming again. Demi stirred and dug her face deeper into the nape of his neck. Nick looked at her closed eyes, smiling slightly. He chuckled and slowly stood up. He climbed out and dried off his legs, slipping on a pair of boxers after. He then grabbed another towel and threw it over his shoulder.

Nick turned back to where Demi was lying in the bath tub. He picked her up gently, carefully holding her. Her wet, bare, nude body rubbed against his chest as he walked.

Nick walked into his room still humming to himself. He walked to the side of his bed, placing Demi on it. He placed the towel over her body, lightly tucking her in. He grinned and kissed her forehead. “Love you, Dems,” he said softly. Demi stirred once again, lying completely spread out on the bed. Nick chuckled and walked over to the other side of the bed. He climbed on softly and let his consciousness slip away and into the world of sleep.

---

Morning came quickly, only feeling like minutes passed as Nick woke up gently. He yawned and sat up, accidently bumping Demi.

Demi opened her eyes slowly. She watched as Nick sat on the edge of the bed, yawning once again and scratching his head. He stretched and jumped off the bed, walking to his dresser. “What to do? What to do?” he asked himself.

Demi smiled to herself. Nick pulled out a pair of black boxers and walked to the middle of the room, dropping his dirty boxers to the ground, thinking that Demi was still asleep. Demi watched him wide-eyed as he walked to the blinds naked and opened them slowly. She slapped her hands over her eyes but let her fingers spread apart. She smiled as he started slipping on his pair of clean boxers.

Nick happened to look at the bed as he was halfway through on slipping his boxers up. He chuckled as Demi shut her fingers together, shutting her sight off from him. He laughed, “Dems, no need to be embarrassed. We’ve seen each other naked so many times before.”

Demi took one hand from her eyes and waved at him, “Put on some clothes then I can look.”

Nick shook his head, chuckling, “Whatever you say, Babe.” He finished putting on his boxers and laughed, “You can look now.” Demi slowly let her hand fall from her eyes. She saw Nick smiling at her.

“Okay, not that I enjoyed that sight, it was just inappropriate.”

Nick laughed once again and walked to her side of the bed. He held out his hands. “Yeah, uh huh, you so wish you could see that more often.”

Demi giggled as she took Nick’s hands, helping herself up. “I never said I didn’t.”

“Exactly,” Nick said, chuckling.

Demi blushed as he turned her around and hugged her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. “You know, I love the sweet, romantic you.”

Nick smiled, whispering in her ear, “And I love everything about you.”

Demi let her smile fade into a relaxed face. She closed her eyes and hugged his arms. “I love you, Nick. I never stopped. I just couldn’t trust you.”

Nick closed his eyes as he inhaled her strawberry shampoo. He smiled and whispered against her neck, causing her to shiver, “Dems, I love you. Please know that I will never try to do anything that will hurt you ever again,” he opened his eyes. “I never regretted making love to you. I never regretted meeting you,” he hugged her tighter. “I never regretted holding you so close; so close that I never wanted to let go… Only thing I regret is not telling you I loved you sooner.”

Demi smiled at every word. She savored the moment by turning around in his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck, and kissing his lips lightly. Nick, being too stunned to react, let himself stand in her embrace without letting his lips interact with hers.

Demi pulled away and giggled. “Is that enough to show you that I love you?”

Nick smiled embarrassed, “Just a little.” Demi laughed and unraveled her arms from around his neck. She let them sliver around his waist, pulling him tight against her.

She smiled, closing her eyes, “I love you so, so much.”

Nick smiled and pulled her tighter.

If God only would let them be closer than what they were, they would never be able to separate.

Demi couldn’t get the feeling of something terrible about to happen off her chest. She sighed trying to push it away. She then thought about Nick and his perfect qualities. She smiled as the feeling became a little less. Somehow, it still lingered in her core, staying with a memory. The memory of her rape.