Chapter 12

Demi pulled away from Nick after hours of making out. She wasn’t sure what to do. She never had her first kiss, so she was confused. She blushed trying to think of something to do. Nick looked at her confused, “Is something wrong?”

She shook her head and looked down smiling, “Um, no. I’m just not sure about what we’re supposed to do now.”

Nick chuckled, causing Demi to look up at him. “You know, we could just talk. Or, we could continue from where we left off.” Demi giggled and watched as Nick leaned in with his eyes closed. She laughed and climbed off the bed. Nick didn’t notice and fell forward into the bed. Demi laughed again when he lifted himself up and glared at her. “You’re gonna pay,” he said jokingly. Demi’s eyes widened as Nick jumped off the bed and chased after her. She tried to run away, but Nick grabbed her around her waist and threw her up on the bed. He straddled her and tickled her with all of his might. He laughed as Demi uncontrollably squirmed and laughed.

She laughed, “Nick, stop it, please! It hurts!” she yelled at him.

Nick laughed even harder, “No! I told you you’re gonna pay!” Demi kept squirming until Nick gave out from laughing so hard. He laughed into the bed while still lying on top of her. He supported his weight with one arm to not crush her petite body. He lifted his face up and looked into her eyes. “I got you.”

She giggled, “Sure. You only got me because you cheated.”

He pouted playfully, “How did I cheat?”

She giggled again, “You didn’t kiss me after,” she blushed.

Nick smiled and leaned his face down. Demi let her eye lids flutter closed as his hot breath hit her face. Nick smiled and brushed his lips against hers. As much as Demi hated the teasing, she let it slide. She felt that if she pulled face closer so their lips would meet, she would scare him away. Nick opened his eyes and looked at Demi. Her face was a bright pink and Nick chuckled. Demi opened her eyes, “What?”

Nick smiled, “You’re so cute when you blush.”

Demi giggled and lightly punched Nick in his stomach. She turned a deeper shade of pink, “I, Demi Lovato, do NOT blush.”

Nick smiled, “So, that’s your last name. Everybody in the house only thought your name was ‘Scarlett.’”

Demi shrugged, “Well, let’s keep this our little secret.” Nick smiled and leaned down to touch his lips to Demi’s. Demi gasped when she felt a shock on her lips.

Nick pulled away, “What’d I do?”

Demi shook her head, “Nothing. I-I was just being lame.”

Nick chuckled and pecked her lips. “You’re always lame… I love that.” Demi giggled and plopped herself up on her elbows. She met her lips to his and lied back down. Nick followed her and continued kissing her. “Demi?” he asked while kissing her.

She nodded, “Huh?”

“I… love… you…” he said between the kisses. Demi’s eyes widened while she kissed him. She was almost choking on her heart when it came up into her throat.

She pulled away, “You do?”

Nick nodded and blushed, “Um, yeah. I hope that doesn’t freak you out.”

Demi shook her head, “What? No, I’ve been waiting forever to hear you say that,” she smiled wide.

Nick smiled shocked, “Seriously.” He leaned down and kissed her. He pulled away, “I freaking love you.”

She giggled, “I love you, too.”

Nick laughed and hid his head in the nape of her neck. “Yes!” he said, his voice muffled.

Demi giggled again, “Wow, and I’m the lame one.” Nick laughed and lied beside her. He took her hand into his, intertwining their fingers.

He sighed, “Let’s get some sleep, Dems.” Demi nodded and shifted herself on her side. She pecked his cheek and cuddled into him. Nick smiled and wrapped his arm around her. One more day, he thought. One more day.