Chapter 26

Demi slowly let her eyes flutter open. She felt Nick’s thumb tracing her bare stomach. She turned on her side to face him and giggled, kissing his lips. He smiled as she pulled away.

“Hello, Beautiful,” he whispered.

Demi smiled, “Hello, Hand-,” she stopped herself when she felt her stomach turn. She grabbed her mouth and pushed his arm off from around her waist. She ran to the bathroom, regurgitating her food from the night before.

Nick sat up slowly, propping himself on his elbows. He peered through the crack of the door, seeing Demi bent over to toilet. He jumped out of the bed, then, ran over to Demi, removing her hair from her face.

She groaned, “Nick, I don’t feel so good.”

Nick knelt beside her and chuckled, “I can see that.”

Demi raised her head from inside the toilet bowl and glared at Nick. She scoffed, “So my pain is your humor?” She raised herself off the ground. Nick backed up away from her. “So is this all so funny to you?!”

Nick looked at her stunned, “I was joking.”

Demi punched him in the chest as hard as she could. “How does that feel!?” she yelled.

Nick rubbed his chest. “Ow, what was that for?”

Demi looked at his face and started cracking up uncontrollably. “Nick, you’re so funny!”

Nick scrunched up his nose in confusion. “Um, okay, I’m lost. Did Joe do this as a joke?” Nick turned around and threw his arms in the air. He yelled, “Okay, Joe, you can come out! I’m not falling for it!”

Demi grabbed his arm, turning him around, “Joe didn’t do anything. Your face is just really funny.”

Nick scoffed, “Not what you said last night.”

Demi narrowed her eyes at him. “Oh, so we’re going to go there.”

Nick smirked while crossing his arms across his chest, “Yes, we are going to go there.”

Demi scoffed and punched him again. Nick groaned and caught her hand as she was about to hit him once again. “Dems, what the hell is wrong with you!?”

She yelled, “Your face is! That’s what!”

Nick let her hand go and backed away. He walked over to his boxers that were lying on the ground. “Okay, we’re taking you to the doctor.”

Demi ran over to him. Nick pulled up his boxers completely and looked over at her.

She grabbed his arm. “We are NOT going to the doctors!”

Nick scoffed, “And why not?”

Demi pouted, “Because they scare me.”

Nick groaned and tugged his arm away. “Yeah, and mood swings scare me, but you don’t see me complaining.”

Demi crossed her arms over her chest. “We aren’t going to the doctor. I’ll just leave you alone for the day.” Demi sighed angrily and left the room, pushing Nick with her shoulder on her way out. Nick sighed guilty and walked into his office.

---

Demi stormed down the hallway and toward her room. She walked in and slammed the door behind her, causing Selena to pull away from her make out fest with Joe. Miley walked out of the bathroom to see the source of the commotion.

“Whoa, there, Demi, what’s the rush?” Joe asked as he stood up from Selena’s bed.

Demi frowned, “No rush, just mad.”

Selena stood up next to Joe, “Demi, you never get angry.”

Demi crossed her arms over her chest, “Not true, and plus, I need to puke again.” She walked forward and past Miley to the toilet. She let her dinner out for the second time.

Miley looked at both Selena and Joe. Selena and Joe looked at each other, smiling. Miley frowned in confusion.

Selena walked to Demi, kneeling beside her. “Demi, did you and Nicky get naughty last night?”

Demi raised her head up to face Selena. She frowned, “What? Psh, no. Why would you ask such a ridicu-” she threw her head into the toilet once again.

Selena smirked while pushing back Demi’s hair. She laughed slightly over Demi’s groans of pain, “Well, get out of that toilet and meet me in the room. It’s time for an intervention.” She patted Demi’s back and stood up, walking out.

Demi frowned and wiped her mouth. She stood up and washed out her mouth. She walked out of the bathroom and past Miley. Demi slowly walked to her bed and plopped down onto it. “Okay, what are you talking about?”

Selena walked in front of Demi with Joe right next to her. Miley watched from the bathroom door. “Okay, Demi, you might be-” Selena stopped herself.

Joe nudged her, “Sel, tell her.”

Selena gave Joe a look and turned back to Demi. “Demi, you might be… pregnant.”

Demi furrowed her eyebrows together, “Pregnant?”

Joe, being his obnoxious self, butted in, “Yes. Since you and Nick have had unprotected sex, I’m assuming, you’re going to be pregnant-” he paused. “You did have unprotected sex, right?”

Demi looked at the ground then shot her head up to look at them. She jumped up from the bed. “Selena, Joe, I’m probably pregnant! Hell no!” she started pacing in circles. “Oh, hell no! I can’t be pregnant!” She turned to them, “Nick is going to leave me if I am!”

Selena put her hands on Demi’s shoulder to stop her. Selena slapped her, “Pull yourself together, Demi! Nick would never leave you. First off, you don’t even know if you’re pregnant. We’re just assuming.”

Demi stared into Selena’s eyes. She spoke softly, “Joe, can you get me a test?”

Joe nodded and walked out of the room.

---

Demi sat on the sink as she waited patiently for the 15 minutes to be over. She would sigh every once in a while, waiting for the results. “I’m probably not,” she said to herself. “Nick wouldn’t be that careless. He never would. I just know it.”

She waited patiently for another minute, feeling like an hour. She sighed once more and looked over to the clock. She gasped at her heart beating so fast. “It’s time,” she said terrified. She held up the little white stick and took a glance at it. She gripped her throat when she starting choking on the air she sucked in. “What?” she said to herself.

Miley walked in a couple seconds later. She smiled reassuringly, “What does it say, Demi?”

Demi looked up with tears streaming down her flawless cheeks. Her charcoal hair draped over her shoulders, strands sticking to her face. She whispered, holding back more tears, “I’m… pregnant.”