Chapter 34

Nick laid back on the hospital bed, flipping through channels on the TV. “No… no… no,” he said to himself, skipping all the shows that didn’t appeal to him. Hearing footsteps, Nick look toward the door.

A young, petite woman walked through the door. Her curls bounced around on her head as she walked toward his bed.

Nick smiled and opened his arms, “Hey, Baby,” he said into her ear.

“Hi, Nick, I love you,” she pulled away, smiling.

Nick’s eyes sparkled as he looked at her. Pointing toward the chair, he commanded her to sit.

She nodded her head and sat on the chair. “So, Nick, our baby has an attitude.”

Nick chuckled, “Dems, I don’t think babies like disgusting hospital food.”

Laughing, Demi lifted her feet up to place them on the edge of Nick’s bed. “True, true. It was pretty disgusting. I was craving something more along the lines of peanut butter and… mayonnaise.”

Nick scrunched his nose in disgust, “Ew.”

Demi giggled and leaned back in her chair, “It sounded good… until I actually said it allowed.”

The happy couple continued to laugh and tell jokes to each other. Demi eventually sat up in her chair and pecked Nick’s lips. Nick happily kissed her back, placing his hand on the back of her neck to keep her lips attached to his.

“I love you,” he mumbled mesmerized.

Demi pulled away slightly, smiling while her eye lids were still closed, “I love you, too,” she replied happily.

---

Evil seemed to fill the white hallway as the devil slowly walked through it. Death seemed to be inches closer as he walked through. Death and evil. That’s what every patient seemed to feel as Satan passed through.

He sauntered through the hallway to receptionist’s desk as if the usual was about to happen. He hummed to himself, feeling satisfied with his decision. His humming turned into him clearing his throat. Catching the attention of a nurse, the annoyed lady turned to the beast.

“May I help you?” the clueless, high-pitched hag asked.

Satan smirked as he cleared his throat once again. “Nicholas Jonas,” he demanded calmly.

The hag scoffed and placed her spectacles on her nose. She peered down and flipped through the pages in a thousand page book. “Let me see,” she throatily said. She looked up, “Room 705.”

The devil smirked and turned on his heels. He walked down the hallway toward Room 705.