Chapter 19

Selena and Miley were in their room, which they shared with Demi. They didn’t want to leave especially since they heard Demi screaming. They were each staring blankly at each other, letting fear and distress over take their bodies. Danielle walked in a couple seconds later, crying in her hands.

She could barely breathe, “Th-they r-raped her!” she cried.

Selena and Miley looked at her slowly. A single tear rolled slowly down Miley’s cheek. Danielle sat on the bed next to Selena. Selena sat up and hugged Danielle, letting Danielle cry onto her. Selena stuffed her face into Danielle’s hair and let her sobs fill the room along with Danielle’s.

Miley didn’t want to cry. She didn’t know why, but she just didn’t want to. I’m better than crying, she thought. She wiped away the little salty water coming out of her eyes. She sniffled quietly and walked into the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and put the toilet seat down, sitting on it. Without any warning, she let her tears pour out not even trying to stop them. She looked into the mirror that was in front of her and saw her mascara smeared all over her face. This only caused her to cry more. “I’m so sorry, Scar,” she cried.

---

Demi sat up slowly on Nick’s bed, whimpering at the pain. She pushed herself back and rested against the headboard. “Oh, God,” she said. She wiped the tears still coming. She slowly started to push herself off the bed and tried to step onto the side, but her legs couldn’t support her weight, so she fell. “Ah!” she screamed. In a matter of seconds, Joe burst into the room and ran up to her, panting.

He crouched beside her and put his arms under her armpits, helping her up slowly. She tried to struggle out of his grip, fearing that he was there to only finish her or take his turn, taking advantage of her vulnerability.

“Joe, please, don’t hurt me!” she cried.

“I’m not going to hurt you,” he said calmly. Demi gave in, knowing that she wasn’t going to be able to get out of the room with how weak she was. He helped her to her feet and put her arm around his shoulder. He walked forward a few steps, but Demi couldn’t keep up. Her legs gave out, and Joe caught her. He picked her up bridal style and took her to his room. He didn’t want to put her in her own room because he thought the girls would be worrying about her, and she wouldn’t get any rest.

Joe arrived in his room and closed the door behind him with his foot. He walked forward and placed her gently on his bed. Demi slowly unlatched her arms from around his neck and settled herself under the covers. She was shivering slightly, and her eyes were drooping. She groaned, and Joe helped her shift in the bed. She smiled at him and let her eyes close peacefully. Joe sighed and sat in his desk chair. He smiled softly at Demi and let his own eyes close.

---

Nick didn’t want to go in his room. He assumed Demi was still in there, and every time he thought of her, the images of the night replayed in his head. He rubbed his face with his hands and groaned. He stood up angry and walked into the room. I’m going to make sure she’s still breathing, he thought. He opened his bedroom door slowly and saw that his bed was empty. He knew his father was already gone, so he knew either Joe or Kevin came into his room to help Demi.

He stared at the empty bed angry. He kept seeing Bill thrusting himself forcefully into Demi. He wanted to change the seen. He wanted the scene to change into him killing Bill before he could even touch her, but nothing would change.

His mind flickered to the night when he and Demi made love. The way Demi touched him, treated like he was worth something, the way she screamed his name in pleasure; he wanted that night to happen again. He replayed the whole day in his head and smiled slightly.

He thought of the first day he said ‘I love you’ to her. He thought of her smiling and kissing his plump lips softly. He thought of how she was ready before he could even think she was. He thought and thought and thought about all the memories and great times they had together. But then he thought about how his dad destroyed it so easily. He remembered how his father said he was exactly like him, and this time, Nick agreed. Nick thought he himself was a monster, not his father. Nick could’ve refused. His dad might’ve pointed a gun at his head, but he didn’t have the guts to kill him.

He only thought. His thoughts were what was keeping the anger inside. Nick felt a tear roll down his cheek.

He never cried.

He only cried with Demi. He only cried about Demi. The only times he would shed a tear was because of Demi. She was the person who would bring that side out of him.

Nick screamed and stormed forward, ripping the bed sheet off. He crumpled his up and walked to his fire place. He threw the sheet in and grabbed a lighter. He lit it and threw it in, watching the flames catch the sheet on fire and withered it away to nothing. It’s like they danced over it, happily getting rid of the horrid memory that was left on it.

Then he thought about how that sheet held the memory of his first time making love to Demi. He breathed unevenly and sat down on the ground, watching the sheet burn to dust. Even if it had his favorite memory, he wanted his worst one to burn. He wanted his dad to burn. He wanted Bill to burn. He wanted his life to burn. All of it. He wanted his whole life to burn. Burn in Hell, and the devil, his father, to watch it burn. Watch everything he regretted burn. Everything. He wanted every single thing he did wrong to burn.

His emotions. He wanted his emotions to burn, also. He wanted his undying love and passion for Demi to burn. He wanted it to burn, so he wouldn’t have to hurt her any more than what he already did. He wanted his anger to burn. He wanted it all to be gone.

All of it.

Nick stood up and wiped the dust off his pants. He pushed back his messy curls and sighed. “Burn in Hell, Paul,” he said to himself and walked away. “I want everything you did to burn. Every single thing.”