Chapter 31

Demi gasped and let a smile engulf her flawless face. “Nick!” she squeaked. She let both of her hands cup his cheeks and she brought her lips to his forehead to around his face then to meet his lips. “Oh, my god, Nick, I’m so glad you’re okay!” she exclaimed still letting her lips linger on his.

Nick chuckled slightly then groaned from the sudden pain in his stomach. He groaned again when Demi started putting her weight on Nick. “Dems,” he said softly.

Demi pulled away and gasped. She stepped away, afraid to hurt him anymore. “Nick, I’m sorry.” She stepped forward, letting her hands cup his face once again, “I’m so sorry. This is all my fault,” she let her eyes roam his body. “I’m sorry,” Demi closed her eyes. “I’m so sorry.”

Nick shook his head in her hands. Demi looked up at him as Nick let his hands rest on top of hers. “Dems,” he whispered, “this isn’t your fault. It wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for all my lying.” He closed his eyes for a second, shook his head, and looked up at Demi, “Dems, don’t blame yourself. This was every bit my fault, and it came back to me.” Nick conjured up a chuckle, enough where it wouldn’t hurt him. “Karma’s a bitch.”

Demi giggled and brought her lips to his forehead. She brought her lips back and smiled at Nick. “I love you,” she whispered.

Nick smiled and closed his eyes, savoring the moment. He felt the world stop. It stopped, and he and Demi were the last people on Earth. At that moment, he couldn’t help but wish Demi and him had gotten married, and Demi had their little child. The child both of them made: made out of pure love and happiness. Their lives might have been screwed up when the made love, but each one of them can’t deny the love they shared when their bodies were slamming into each other’s.

Nick opened his eyes, breaking out of his memories and thoughts. The world started revolving again, and he could breathe. He hadn’t realized that he was holding his breath since Demi had said those three words to him. Yes, he had heard them before, but being in the presence of almost losing his life, Nick longed to hear those words once more.

Demi smiled slightly, “You okay there, buddy?”

Nick smiled and felt his cheeks burning under Demi’s hands. He closed his eyes once more. “Say it again,” he demanded softly.

Demi giggled slightly, “What?” she asked dumbly.

Nick moved his hands from Demi’s and moved them to her hips. “Say that you love me.”

Demi smiled and moved her lips closer to Nick’s. She let her breath catch against his mouth as she inched closer to him. “I love you,” she whispered right before connecting her lips to his.

Nick let his mouth slowly move against Demi’s. Their lips shared electrifying sparks, enlightening the world of their love. Fireworks were the only thing they could describe. Bright, colorful, electrifying fireworks.

Their mouths parted for a second only to catch a breath before grinding against each other again, faster than before. Getting caught in the moment, Nick pulled Demi’s hips closer to the bed; so close that Demi had to lift her knee on the bed to steady herself.

Breaking them apart, a nurse cleared her throat at the doorway. The hag in white cloths pursed her lips in disgust and crossed her arms over her chest.

Nick and Demi didn’t switch their position, just moved their heads so they could peer at the nurse.

The white-clothed hag scoffed, “Excuse me. This is a hospital. This hospital wouldn’t like to have its patients watch some type of young teenage porn.

Demi rolled her eyes and scoffed, mocking the nurse. “Then close the curtain.”

The nurse scoffed and walked forward, grabbing the edge of the while sheet circling around Nick’s bed in a half-circle. The hag scoffed once more and pulled the curtain around the bed, shielding Demi and Nick from any other eyes.

Nick breathed out, slightly chucking, “Whoa, Demi, didn’t know there was an inner bitch in you.”

Demi turned her gaze to Nick, giggling and smiling proudly, “Well, every girl hates to be interrupted in a hot make-out session with their amazingly sexy and breathtaking fiancé.”

Nick smiled and pressed his lips against Demi’s again. Fireworks erupted once again.