Chapter 7 (Part 2 of 2)*

Hey guys, some of you have pointed out a mistake I made, and you are correct. I meant they have HIV, not AIDS. AIDS comes after HIV, and I didn't even realize it until your comments. Thanks guys, and I'm going to continue the story the way it is, however once I do go back over and edit it, I will be sure to correct it! Thanks everyone for the support and reading! For those of you who didn't understand, I was not trying to glorify their condition. They were happy about their pregnancy, plus, it is not a guarantee the baby will be infected as well. You'l just have to continue to read and wait and see! I aim for reality, even if some parts don't seem like it..but anyway, I'm rambling. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 7 (Part 2): Ebony

It had been three days since I left the hospital with the news of a lifetime.

As I braided DJ's hair into the zig-zag pattern he just had to have, I wondered what my life would be like in the years to come. A small smile had been on my face for God knows how long. I couldn't believe my eyes when the paper said those three letters I never wanted to see together again. Unfortunately, Jerome was no so lucky.

Yes, I am negative and cleared. DJ and Anthony were too, which only made me happier. All the bullshit and many arguments with Jerome had actually paid off in the end. Had I continued to stay with him, take him back again and again, I could be the one with AIDs. But, luckily I was not only protected when we did make love, though it wasn't often--he had to be around to do that, but I was cautious at all times.

A fool in love, I smiled.

"Mama, where is Uncle Ant? I was 'sposed to whoop his ass on the-" The rat-tail comb hanging loosely in his thick afro of hair was grabbed in lightning speed as I popped him upside the head. Where the hell was this little boy picking up on...okay, never-mind.

"Let me hear that again?" I said while gripping his thin arm tightly.

"S-sorry mama, I-"

The click of the door had both of our heads turning. I tried not to smile, seeing Anthony walk in. I turned my head back down to the task at hand, ignoring Anthony, our last argument in mind.

"Come on, girl. It's just a kiss." I laughed at Jerome, swatting him with the magazine I had in my hand. He was half-sitting and half-lying down just after taking medication for his pain. He and I had been reminiscing on the good times while he ate, and he asked for a kiss for old times' sake. I simply laughed, shutting him down.

"Boy, you can keep those fat lips to yourself."

"Oh, you used to love these fat lips." He said lowly, licking them. My eyes narrowed before he laughed, waving it off. "Come on, ma. One kiss?" He asked again, poking his lip out.

I got up, deciding to tease him by puckering up, but then Ant walked in. It must've looked so bad--my hand on Jerome's thigh with closed eyes and puckered lips.

Shit!

"Hey baby,'" I smiled, hoping he wouldn't assume anything. He smiled tightly and nodded at Jerome.

"You got a minute?" I nodded, sitting the magazine in the vacant seat, my heart beating at a quick pace. Anthony shook his head, closing the door behind him.

"Nah, Jerome. DJ is right outside, why don't you take lil' man out to look at the buildings?" My forehead creased as I was stumped by his wanting to speak with my ex. What did they have to talk about? I was a bit worried he'd want a fist talk-to-talk, but not wanting to irritate him any further, plus the fact DJ was by himself in the big hospital, I nodded taking a look at the two dominant men before leaving.

DJ was right outside the door, trying to peak in the room as I came out.

"Come on, DJ. We're going to take a little adventure." I said, taking his small hand in mine. He was uninterested, wanting to see what the two men in his life were doing in the room. Ushering him away, we made it to the lobby, making small talk on the way. Though I was here. My mind was in that hospital room, wondering what they needed with each other.

* * *

DJ and I had just returned from our walk, returning to the entrance only to find Anthony sitting on the bench. He rose when he saw us, and picked up DJ.

"What's up, man? You enjoy the nice buildings?" DJ smiled, talking Ant's poor ears off. I smiled, walking with them inside. Soon, DJ had talked himself to sleep in Ant's lap. I could feel tension between us, for the simple fact he hadn't said more than a few short answers to me confirmed that. I knew he'd be mad, but could I blame him?

"Jerome wants to see him." He said softly so not to wake DJ. Nodding, I gently took him out of Ant's arms. Jerome would have a hour or two more with him before visiting hours were over, so I decided to place him in the bed underneath Jerome. Jerome was awake, not saying anything. Was he mad too?

"I like the kid. Maybe just a smudge." He said sleepily. I smiled, leaning over to hug him. He always had a big heart, maybe too big, but he was a softy inside.

"I love you." I whispered and his arms tightened around my shoulders.

"Ah man, you know I got so much love for you Eb? You're such a good girl and a beautiful mother to my little man. I love you so much more." He said, kissing my hair. I pulled away smiling and waved before leaving.

Finally getting back to Ant, I took his hand smiling. He didn't smile back, but got up with me. Walking outside, he didn't speak for a few moments. Looking up into his deep brown eyes filled with something intense, I waited for him to speak, afraid to say the wrong thing. Did Jerome say something back in the room when they were together? I wondered.

"You were going to kiss him?" He asked tightly. I sighed, knowing that was coming sooner or later.

"No, Ant. We were joking. Anthony you are my fiancé, I don't want anyone else." I spoke the truth, holding his large hand to which he protested, dropping mine.

"You know, when he was shot I wondered why you were so passionate. So sorry about...it's not even about that. Tell me if you feeling him now so I can save both of us some time. I ain't got time to waste, Eb."

I should've slapped him. Should've punched the awareness right out of him. How dare he! Didn't he know I loved him and him alone? Ugh! Men!

"Anthony, you...you stupid asshole! How many times have we discussed this? He's an ex for a reason. You're my man! I reacted like any normal human mother would. I was more worried about DJ than anything." I shouldn't have to defend myself. We shouldn't even be on this. What made him so insecure all of a sudden? Jerome said he liked him, he of all people accepted another man that was around his son constantly. Why wasn't Anthony reciprocating?

"Yeah well you sure had them lips close to that nigga like you wanted more than a joke."

That did it. I slapped him. He was well deserving!

I was sure there was steam leaving my ears as I walked away, breathing deeply to calm down.

He walked in, I could hear his heavy footsteps patting across the floor. DJ hissed as my braiding became a little tighter. I let up, not wanting to hurt him, but I was still trying not to pay Ant any mind. He'd called me and I guess my ignoring him had pushed him to finally come over.

I had time to think and I knew we both were wrong. Me for putting my hands on him and getting so worked up, he for even doubting my love for him. I should've never played with Jerome though. I knew if I'd walked in on him in the flipped position, I might've been even worse. So, the fighting was so irrelevant the more I thought on it. I just wanted him to come hug me and tell me he loved me.

A light tap on my shoulder made me turn around. A quick kiss on my lips made me forget. A whisper of love made my heart clench.

Biting my lip and getting off the couch, I walked into his open arms slowly. He held me tight, his face in my neck, warming it with light kisses. He'd been gone for three days too long and I missed him so much. Our small argument was like a forgotten memory the moment I was in his arms. Lifting my head, he met my lips with his, whispering he was sorry in between kisses.

"No, I'm sorry. Anthony, you should never have to doubt me, baby. I was wrong, and-"

"Shh, stop talking. Everything's okay. I love you, honey." I smiled, nodding.

"Ew, mama! Stop it, Uncle Ant." A half-braided head DJ winced, seeing us kiss. I laughed, my head on Anthony's chest.

"Come on, lil' man. I can't get no love?" Ant laughed, his hold on my waist loosening. Ignoring him, DJ made a get away down the hall and up the steps. We booth laughed hearing his door close loudly. My baby boy wasn't even mad, I'm sure. As a matter of fact, I could bet money the sneak was tip toeing down the hall to my room to get his playstation system. I took it away earlier because his room looked as if a tornado had passed threw it.

I tried to step out of Anthony's arms, but he held my waist, bringing our hips together. I felt the bulge protruding against his zipper. Looking up into his eyes, I saw his glued to my lips. Licking them purposely, I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling the effects of being in his arms again. His strong jaw clenched as I leaned in, licking along the stubbled skin until I reached his ear lobe. Sucking slightly just as hiss hands fell to my ass, I whispered lowly, "I'm sorry."

"I know baby. So am I, just promise we we'll always talk it out. If we immediately assume things, this is what happens, and I'm not spending another night away from you. You can't get rid of me that easily, baby girl." I smiled, biting my lip teasingly.

"Oh, is that right, daddy? I think you should teach me a lesson."

"Oh hell yeah, go take your sexy ass upstairs and get ready for Daddy." Anthony said, squeezing both ass cheeks before giving one a hard slap. Although I flenched, the vibrations of the hit tingled all the way down to exactly where I needed him. But, then I looked behind me, remembering DJ would be just across the hall. Sighing against his chest, I brought his hands up to my waist.

"We can't. DJ..." Kissing my lips, he silenced me.

"I said twenty minutes right? Go on, I got this!" Yeah okay, I thought, pulling away from him.

Twelve o'clock midnight I lay in bed, one arm stroking the rising chest of my fiancé, the other teasing his lips. They were so full with a few specs of brown. They spoke words that left me wondering, tempted and always loved. Even in the bad times. My legs were tangled in between his naked ones that were thick with muscle and the thin sweat of our love making exercise.

"You know what Jerome told me?" he whispered, not waiting for a response before continuing. "He told me he had a gut feeling about me. Something told him that I'd be a blessing, whatever that means. Though we don't see eye to eye about most shit, we have two things in common, and that's love. Love for you and love for that big head little boy." We both laughed and I felt amazing. Maybe they weren't the best of friends, or friends at all, but they were in agreement of some sort. On common ground for the good of their family, and I couldn't ask for more.

"Where's DJ?" I wondered.

"He's with Jerome, don't worry everything's good." I nodded, trusting him, until I remembered his half-braided hair. Oh my God! I had my son walking around looking crazy!

"Ant his hair! Oh Jesus, please tell me you at least had him do something with it?"

"He's a man! It's style, and he looked fine to me." Rolling my eyes, I playfully slapped his chest. He yawned, closing his eyes. I knew he was tired, as was I. Reaching over him, I turned off the bedside lamp. In this position I was straddling, and he kept me right there, too. Smiling, I laid against his chest, kissing him there before closing my eyes. This was happiness.

* * *

I woke up suddenly, the room was completely dark and silent with the exception of Anthony's snoring. His naked chest rose and fell under my cheek as he breathed deeply. I was tired, yet my grumbling stomach had other ideas. I was hungry! Not just for anything either, no no. I wanted something specific.

Mmm, peanut butter. Yeah, with pickles! Too excited to taste the scrumptious combination, I hurriedly gathered myself off of Ant's chest and threw on the first shirt I could get my hands on. I was sure it was his by the large size of it.

Once in the kitchen downstairs, I searched through the refrigerator for my Dill pickles and was delighted when I came across the jar. Biting my lip, I could taste it already. The peanut butter was in the cabinet right beside the sink, and I made my way over. I was for certain I wanted only peanut butter until I saw the peanut butter and jelly mixed. Gosh, decisions, decisions!

The moment the three different flavors hit my tongue, I moaned at the perfection. It was simply delicious!

"Ahem." I jumped, dropping the glass jar, causing it to break on the first hit to the ground. I snapped my head up, glaring at Anthony. Frowning, I sunk to the floor, feeling my eyes get heavy with moisture. Why did he scare me like that? And didn't he know how much I wanted that!

"Ebony get up." He said, his voice deep with fresh sleep and irritation. How dare he get mad? Was his peanut butter and jelly pickle ruined? No!

"I hate you!" I pouted, wiping my eyes.

"I'm not about to play with your hormonal ass. I'm sleepy, Ebony. Get up and come back to bed." He demanded.

"Are you calling me fat?" My insecure voice was soft as I looked up at him in teary eyes. Sighing, he moved from the threshold of the kitchen entrance and came to my side, pulling me into his lap. The jar of scrumptious PB&J was crumbled just beside us.

"Now you know you aren't fat, baby. I know you're hungry, but how about we take it upstairs? I'll feed you." I sighed.

"It's all gone now. I just wanted two more, then I was coming back to sleep."

"How about I get the peanut butter and pickles, and you go get in bed. I don't want you stressing my baby girl." Narrowing my eyes at him, I glared at him. Here he goes with this absurd baby talk. I'm not pregnant and that's a fact.

"I know, I know. You aren't pregnant," He said before I could, standing with me in his arms. I nodded, agreeing before he whispered, "Even though you are."

SLAP!

He asked for that one.

________________________

This story has been counted as one of the most read books in the 'Chicklit' category! I can not thank you all enough for your continuous support and motivation. Even if I do not update, you all show me love and comment your best wishes. For that, I thank you and promise to never give up, even if I need a little more time, lol! There might be one more chapter then the Epilogue. I'm still trying to decide if I want to take the story in the direction I'm thinking of...anyway let me know what you guys thought!!