Chapter 4*

Chapter 4: Ebony

I smiled to myself seeing Anthony leave Tatyana's side. Why was she all up on him anyway? I rolled my eyes again just as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I leaned into his side and smiled.

"Chill out, she going through enough right now." He whispered. I looked up at him and he winked at me. I sighed, maybe I was over reacting. I just refuse to go through what I did with Jerome. I looked down at a sleeping DJ in the chair. I walked over to him and kissed his cheek. He groaned, but stayed asleep.

"I think we're going to head out. We'll be back tomorrow, sis." Anthony said, kissing Julie's forehead. She was half-asleep, so she didn't respond. I picked up DJ and carefully carried him towards the door. Derrick had just walked back in and wrapped his arm around Tatyana's waist. She looked up at him and smiled. I could see the love all over her face and knew she wasn't a threat to me.

I chuckled to myself at my childish thoughts and mentally noted that I'd apologize when I got the chance. I was just not ready to go back to down the road I was on with Jerome. All the cheating and lies were not going to be tolerated by me anymore. I didn't think Anthony like that anyway, I was just insecure.

"You ready?" Ant asked Derrick. He looked down at Julie and nodded, taking Tatyana's hand. I went over to kiss the baby once more before we left.

* * *

I was sliding on a gold sandal when a hand squeezed my thigh. I smiled, clasping the side of the shoe before standing back to my full height.

"Ant, baby we just fu-" I stopped when a saw a frowning DJ. I smiled to myself and shook my head. I could tell he'd just woken up from his little at nap. I had just gotten out a very steamy shower with Anthony, who had suggested we go eat and now was in the next room inviting Derrick and Tatyana to dinner at Gladys Night Chicken Waffles. He said it was really good, but it wasn't really fancy. He wanted to let DJ see the nice buildings in the city--he loved tall buildings.

"Hey honey, are you just waking up?" I asked, running my hand over his braids. He pouted and nodded.

"Mommy I was scared." He said, climbing into my lap. I looked down at his head as he laid it on my shoulder, his little feet were going back and forth between my legs.

"Did you have a bad dream?" I asked.

"Yeah. I heard you screaming for Uncle Ant, but then it stopped." I choked on absolutely nothing--maybe humiliation, I don't know. I stopped rocking him and tried to come up with something, but I was completely stuck. Was I really that loud? I had to tell Ant there was no more sexing on this trip, because the last thing I wanted was my baby to be having nightmares of...that.

"Hey, remember those tall buildings you like?" He popped up in looked up at me with those big eyes, dark just like his Daddy's.

"Yeah!" He said enthusiastically.

"How about we all go downtown so we can check them out? Would you li-"

"Yes! Oh, momma can Uncle Ant come?" I smiled and nodded as he jumped out of my arms, running towards the opening door. Anthony walked in looked great. I cursed the dirty thoughts that crept into my brain at the sight of him in the all white outfit he wore. He looked like an Italian almost with his button-up shirt half buttoned, showing off his sculpted chest.

I shook my head, standing up.

"...the buildings!" I heard the last of DJ's words as Anthony picked him up. He smiled at him and winked at me. I smiled, and took DJ from him and put him on his feet. He was almost eight and didn't need to be being carried like a four year old all the time. I didn't think it was horrible, but Jerome didn't like it. He didn't want to baby Darren, which I could understand.