Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Derrick

"Oh stop being such a bitch. That's why I'm not with you now. I only came for my shit." Toni said, laughing as she went into the closet.

"Toni, if I were you, I'd be real nice to me." I said, lying back in the bed with my hands tucked behind my head. 

"Why is that? You're broke and after me, no one's going to want you. I was the best you ever had and you won't ever have better." She said, walking out with a pink suitcase. She was talking shit as she moved clothes from the closet to her bag. I chuckled to myself as she slammed things down. If she only knew... I could do much better.

Soon, she was on her knees crying. 

I shook my head and got up, going to where her bag was. I zipped it up and bent down to pick her up. She sniffled, holding on to me tight. She was seriously bipolar, and I wasn't comforting her.

 I grabbed the suitcase and walked with it and her in my arms down the steps. When I got to the door, I put her on her feet, took the house key out her jacket pocket, and opened the front door.

"I'll send all the rest of your shit to Jayson's." Shocked was an understatement. I pushed her out the door gently, leaving the bag beside her and closed and locked the door. I chuckled walking up the stairs listening to her frantically ring the doorbell.

I flopped back down on the bed, tucking an arm under my pillow and falling asleep with Taty on my mind.

* * *

Bzzz. Bzzz. Bzzz.

"Yo?" I groggily answered the phone, my eyes still closed.

"Hey Mr. Ward, it's Tina." I opened my eyes, sitting up. It was Tatyana's mom.

"Hey, Ms. Hill. What's going on?" I asked, running my hand over my face.

"Well I got a call today from my sister, Flo. She lives in Atlanta, where we buried mama. We found out she has an estate and other royalties. So, I need to go down there. I know Tatyana will be released soon, and I hoped you could help me out. You've been so helpful and I don't have anyone else to call."

"Of course." I answered a little too soon and too eagerly, but I was happy to help, I mean Taty was my friend.

"Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and please have her call me." She said.

"No problem, I will." I told her

 * * *

"Man I'm hungry as hell, hurry up in there and bring her out." Anthony said, rubbing his stomach. I chuckled, leaving the keys in the ignition so he'd have some heat. It was pretty cold outside. 

"A'ight." I said, opening the door and grabbing the roses from the back seat.

When she came out I was lost for words for a second. She's been there a little over four months, and she still looked good. I mean, I could appreciate a beautiful woman, right?

Her hair that was once down her back was now at her shoulders. It seemed darker, bringing out her light complexion. She wore an over-sized v-neck and tight skinny jeans. I could see her thighs were still thick and her short frame still chubby, but she looked good.

I hugged her to me, not feeling her hug me back. When I looked down, she was looking over my shoulder with her face tense. She mumbled something, looking at me pleadingly.

"What's wrong, baby? Are you feeling okay?" I asked, genuinely concerned, pulling her into me more. She didn't like that though, because she removed my hand and walked out the door.