Chapter 4 - Part 2

This is a continuation of the previous chapter, i.e. the length, anyway hope you enjoy!

__________________

Chapter 4 - Part 2: Tatyana

I looked for a way out, but there was nothing. I began to open the linen closet, my hand was nearly on the knob, then…

BOOM!

The door busted open and I began to piss my freaking pants, literally. I crossed my legs, and sighed in relief, seeing Jay. I ran into his arms and hugged him tight. He wrapped an arm around my waist.

“You gotta finish what you started, baby girl.” He said, breathing deeply.

I pulled away, looking confused.

“I don’t understand.” I said. He smiled, pulling away and handed me the gun. His hands were protected by black gloves. Leather gloves. All black leather gloves. I narrowed my eyes down at the gun, thinking this couldn’t be real.

“Come on, I’m right here with you. Ride or die, remember?” I didn’t know what to say. Was he threatening me?

He didn’t give me an option. He spun me around with my back to his front. He put the gun in my hand and I stared at Jerome’s lifeless body. I couldn’t kill him. Why was Jay doing this to me? My head began to ache with stress.

“It’s for Kenu. I know he would want you to do this.” I spun around quickly staring at him.

“Jay, h-how did you know it was him?” I asked, tightening my hold on the gun. I had just found out Jerome, or Night, was a suspect. Jay wouldn’t have known.

“Why do you think I wanted you to come here? That’s what I was going to tell you. Why you looking at me like that, Taty? No, you not thinking I’m switching up?” He asked, looking offended. I felt bad.

“No, Jay I was just curious.” I sighed, walking towards the bed, about to set the gun down.

“Finish him, Taty. He killed your brother.” I began to cry, contemplating what I should do.

“Don’t worry about it, I know it’s hard. I’ma go get you some water.” I nodded, and sat on the bed. I looked down at Jerome. I could see his chest still rising and falling. I guess he was unconscious. Lord, what did Jay get me into.

I sighed, placing the gun beside me on the bed. I couldn’t kill this man. I didn’t have it in me.

I was sitting there for about seven minutes, just thinking. Where’s Jay?

Just as the thought crossed my mind, I heard sirens outside the window. My eyes widened and I hopped up. I walked carefully around Jerome’s large body. We had to get out of here.

“Jay!” I called, fast-paced walking toward the kitchen. I walked in and he wasn’t in there. I was about to lose my mind! I checked the other room, but it was empty. Completely empty. The closet door was open and it was completely cleaned out.

I didn’t think too much of it, running out the room and to the hallway bathroom—empty.

I began to hyperventilate, when there was a banging on the door. I dropped to my knees, crying.

The police burst through the door, yelling for me not to move, when it dawned on me.

Jay set me up.

I heard the many voices, but I wasn’t listening. I was in a daze. They carefully approached me, and then my right cheek was pressed into the rough carpet as my hands were bound behind my back.