Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Tatyana

When I saw him my heart jumped. What was that? 

I couldn't help myself; My body reacted on it's own, molding my body to his, softly running my hands  over his waves that was cut into a fade and his strong arms wrapped tightly around my curvy waist. My face was buried into his neck, taking in his scent as his head slightly tilted to the side, and his hold on my waist tightened as he pulled me closer.

I was nudged by the C.O., and we pulled away, taking our seats. I couldn't begin to tell you what that man said. His presence was making me nervous as words I didn't remember thinking flowed out of my mouth like water. 

What was I saying anyway?

Suddenly, he grabbed my hands and began to play with my chubby fingers. I sigh, secretly feeling soothed by it. He was saying something about what he got me, and I made sure he knew I didn't want his gifts. Plus, I wouldn't be able to see it until maybe four or more months.

He cut me off, "A month left." He said, but I knew that was bullshit. He was only a detective, not a lawyer, and when he said he had my back, I thought about when Jay would say that. He had my back alright, shoving the knife deep into it.

I could see he was mad by the way his jaw tensed. I know you shouldn't compare a man to another, but Jay is all I know. Kenu was a great guy, but he was my brother. He was supposed to seem perfect. Obviously, he wasn't.

The next thing I knew, he was getting up to leave. I got up quickly, hoping to stop him, but he insisted, running his hand over my left breast slyly. I looked down to see he stuck something in my front pocket.

His juicy lips pressed against my forehead and he was gone.

I couldn't wait to get alone to read my note.

Happy birthday, Taty!

How's it feel to be grown? You can't make old jokes now, baby. 

Anyway, I can't wait to see you out those jumpers. I know you're gonna like your gift, which your stubborn ass is taking. I already know you're thinking about saying no or I shouldn't have, but this one is non-refundable.

I don't know why, but there's something not right about this whole thing. I'm looking out for you, though. Simmons and I, of course. Don't write me back, I'll see you on the outside.

-Dee

That was a month ago and I haven't heard from him since. Is he avoiding me? Did I piss him off that bad? I had tried calling to no avail; he wouldn't accept them. Yeah, have my back my ass! I was going to call him one more time today, and he had better answer.

He did.

I got straight to the point, asking him where he had been, but he just said, " What's up, Tatyana?" 

"I just... They said I can leave in a week." I was so ecstatic when I got that news. I was graduating Tuesday, and leaving on Sunday, the 8th.  I wanted him and mama to come see me, but she was answering my calls and he was being an asshole and distant for no reason.

"That's good, I better go though." He said, before I heard a female's voice. Of course! How the hell did I forget he had a fiance? But, what kills me is that I felt jealous. Jealous of this grown woman. She was beautiful, too. Though she was skinny, she still had curves and big breasts. Her dark skin was much richer than my light skin.

"Oh. Um, okay. I get it." I rushed, quickly hanging up the phone.

It was only two and it was recreational time, but I wasn't up for it. I went back to my cell and laid on the mattress, staring at the ceiling. I wanted to cry so bad. My life was officially fucked up. Could it get any worse?