Prologue II: (Part 2 of 2)*

Okay I know last chapter confused a lot of you... Hpefuly this chapter clears some things up. With the time lapse, everything that is itallic is a flashback.

Prologue II: 3 Years Later - July 2013

Julie

September 2011

I was going to hell. I accepted the fact. Trying to be a good best friend, I wanted the best for Taty. That's why I did what I did, but I only made her more miserable. My intentions were for her to let Dee go. Tatyana claimed he'd been celibate since she moved down here, but come on now. I've known Derrick forever and in high school he and Anthony ran through women like water, why would he change that for her?

Yeah he'd been with Toni for a while, but that hoe was probably fucking the whole Chi-town. Anthony told me she was a hoe and he knew Derrick knew too, so he had to step out on her, right?

The long distance thing was tearing Taty up with insecurity. 

Derrick could've been came down to Atlanta to visit Taty. Why hadn't he? Another man's daughter he was playing Daddy to wasn't a good enough excuse for me. Taty was so gullible and in love. 

I didn't believe in long distance, and I did what I had to. Sure, Taty would be tore up now, but she wouldn't have to worry if he was cheating anymore. Call me what you want, but I was only looking out for my girl. 

I can't count the amount of tears she cried, wishing she had Derrick here with her. 

I know I shouldn't have taken Dee to the restaurant. I knew Taty was only meeting with a client who wanted to display his new summer line of dresses in her boutique, but Derrick didn't. After that scum Toni, I knew he probably had trust issues and it wouldn't be hard to convince him of Taty's infidelity. 

I tried to talk myself out of this so many times, but it would make Taty happy in the end, right?

"Why are you walking around, babe? You're on bed-rest." I turned, smiling at Edward. I was so lucky to have the man of my dreams. He was a tall creamy white man of thirty-five. I was only twenty-three, but we were in love. Sometimes I felt like I had flipped karma. 

I should've been single, lonely, depressed, but instead, that was Tatyana while I was on cloud nine. Guilt crept up my spine everyday, but what could I do? Derrick wasn't happy. All he did, from what Anthony told me, was take care of Draya and occasionally go to outings with the guys--which was rare to none of the time.

He even quit his job. 

Can you imagine how it feels to have everything two people care about most when you don't deserve diddly squat??

"Oh, Eddie, calm down, I was just cooking you some breakfast before work." I said, scrambling the eggs. He wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my belly.

"I'll finish cooking, you need to rest." He said, kissing my shoulder just as the baby kicked.

"Aww, Tiana is moving, huh?" I smiled, kissing his cheek. I named our baby after Tatyana's middle name. She loved it and I know she wanted a baby of her own. Sometimes I wish I could go back and take back what I did, but it was almost two years ago, what could I do now?

I knew she wasn't happy, she would slump around, uncaring of any man who approached her. She was depressed, and it was all my fault. All my fucking fault!

____________________________________________

Toni

"Oooom." Breathing in, I exhaled the negative energy. Meditation was so peaceful. I finally felt at peace with myself.