Dinner with a side of tears

JoJo's Pov:
We sat at a four seater table at an elite restaurant Charlie insisted he would spoil us to. Meghan and Charlie sat next to each other, with Meghan opposite me and vice verser with Charlie and Ryan.
"Meghan you look fine stop fiddling" Charlie said pushing her hands away from her face a little annoyed because she was making a fuss over nothing. She just glared at him which caused me to laugh. Then the glare was turned to me and my face went guilty like a young child trying to hide their smile.
"Ryan don't kick me" Meghan glared. "Sorry" he hissed. They were the typical big brother and little sister. "Who wants to order?" I stated trying to break the tension. "Good idea JoJo" Charlie added eyeing Meghan and Ryan. Ryan took the hint but Meghan went along with her childish behaviour. "I look horrible" she whined. "Meghan come with me to the bathroom I will fix you up" I calmly said standing up. "No" "Meghan now!" She stood up and followed me.

We entered the bathroom and stared into each other's eyes. "Meghan what's up with you?" "Nothing" her behaviour instantly changing. "Well it sure seems like more than nothing" she just shrugged at me. "Ok let's fix you up" I said grabbing her arm "JoJo no I look fine I just wanted Charlie's attention" she said her face growing with embarrasemt. "Why do you want so much of his attention?" A tear rolled down her face as the words fell from my mouth. "I think there is something between him and Selena" she trembled trying to hide how hurt she was. "Oh Meghan don't think that way" I said hugging her. "I heard him on the phone to her today, he said he wanted to tell her something important and a secret, plus he misses her and they should hang out" her eyes filled with tears and grew glassy. "Meghan look at me" I lifted her chin "let's pretend there is nothing wrong,  go out there and have a good time, tomorrow we can spend the day together and work out what is actually happening" she nodded and I began to clear up her face to hide the fact she had to been crying.

When we walked out to the boys all our meals were ordered and the boys were patiently waiting for us to begin. Meghan sat down and Ryan instantly gave me a look of tell me everything. I looked up at Charlie and his face grew with intensity and worry as Meghan was now not speaking. The tension was strong and all I wanted was for Meghan to be ok. 

AN:
thankyou so much to anyone who has been sweet enough to read my book, thankyou for voting and commenting your beautiful thoughts💜  I hope you like my story so far! Plus hope you are excited to find out what happens with this crazy love triangle and how JoJo gets a little too involved!