{Bonus Chapter #6} Hello and Goodbye

[a/n: this is a extremely sad chapter. this chapter is literally tears. sorry if u cry, but I made u guys cry a lot so u should be used to hahaha... I guess just get your tissues ready. I really suggest u listen to the song while reading this chapter. (If u want to cry more that is). And there's a huge surprise about Gretal that basically twists the entire plot of the story. But to be honest it doesn't change much instead of her past.]

___________________

{BONUS CHAPTER #5: "Hello and Goodbye"

summary: I'll pick up the tracks you left behind. I'll be the hero you always were. }

• • • •

JAMES STEVENSON WAS USED TO seeing people die. It was one of the faults of being a hero. You see the life slip out of their eyes, and then in that moment you realized that they're truly dead. No, it wasn't one of the faults of being a hero. It was one of the faults of being human - because at the very last moment you want to do something, but it's too late.

As of right now, it was too late to thing about that. Not when he so close to dying himself. James winces as he rips out the knife stuck deep into his leg and he cries out, pain flooding his muscles. He clenches his teeth and closes his eyes. I guess this it is. To think that I would die from a fucking knife. What a shame.

"Hey, mister!"

James lifted up his head and met a pair of clear gray eyes. He stared at the seven-year-old girl with brown hair and bangs dusting her forehead. She pouted, crossing arms.

He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?"

She gave him a small glare and grabbed his arm, trying to pull him up. James watched as she failed miserably.

"Aren't you going to defeat that bad guy?"

He sighed, remembering how easily the masked man with dozens of knives had easily caught him off guard. "No." He muttered.

"But you can't give up! You have to get up!"

James smiled at her bitterly. "Easier said than done, kid."

"Then think about what would happen to the people of you don't!"

He paused. "What do you want? Don't you have to go to school or something?"

She narrowed her eyes. "School is boring. And you're Spark! You're way better than school! And you need to show that bad guy that!"

"Go home." James whispered.

"I wont! If you won't fight him, I will!"

He watched as she stomped her way out of the alley, clenched face and a really-not-so-deadly glare. You got to be kidding me.

James' breath hitched as he slowly stood up, leaning against the wall for support. Slowly and unsteadily, he walked out of the shadows and into broad daylight. His eyes widened.

The girl layed on the ground, choking for air and James tried his best to run towards her, ignoring the pain in his leg as he leaned over her. His fingers hovered over the knife in her stomach and he pulled it out. He lifted up her shirt, finger trying to stop the blood and he felt tears sting his eyes. The light in her eyes slowly faded.